Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still on 2023.2.12...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla and asked if being in a (useless) FSD subscription prevents non FSD-beta software updates from being pushed out to me and they said no …
But the tela phone service people don’t seem to really know much from past experience so I don’t know if her answer was all that meaningful or not.

She did say she saw in my vitals that my car hadn’t requested an update in over a month and she did something on her end that she said may make my car more likely to request an update sooner or something. Who knows whether it’s going to do anything but we will see.

Reactions: Antonius138
Decided to call a Tesla SA just for funs and they explained after a host hold period that the update to 2023.2.12 did take a whole lot longer that what was usual and it appeared stuck at one point. They advised to open a service case. Of course trying to open a service case in the app will not work as it will give you the normal yes updates take a long time so I had to Jedi mind trick my way into creating a service call. The service center texts back that what the SA saw online was old and I got the standard there are no new updates for your VIN standard copy and paste message. Good to know that my VIN has been banned to 'last batch to update hell' after my FSD subscription expired...:mad::rolleyes:😞

• Informative
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Decided to call a Tesla SA just for funs and they explained after a host hold period that the update to 2023.2.12 did take a whole lot longer that what was usual and it appeared stuck at one point. They advised to open a service case. Of course trying to open a service case in the app will not work as it will give you the normal yes updates take a long time so I had to Jedi mind trick my way into creating a service call. The service center texts back that what the SA saw online was old and I got the standard there are no new updates for your VIN standard copy and paste message. Good to know that my VIN has been banned to 'last batch to update hell' after my FSD subscription expired...:mad::rolleyes:😞
I'm in the same boat, don't know if it has anything to do with it but I had FSD subscription and cancelled/let it lapse in January, now I'm sitting here on 2023.2.12 which is fine, except I've had an issue with Bluetooth call echo the entire time, so my handsfree calling is basically useless. I also was having issues with the screen freezing and crashing on 'startup', I called about that because it was really annoying to not have a speedometer, and they gave me the same line- no updates available.

I for one am done with getting yet another buggy software and a promise that the bugs will be fixed in the future (which they will while they're introducing new bugs).

My car is running fine on 2022.20.8, it still uses its radar and USS, I still have "Darvin windows" and except for a few glitches/minor annoyances it's working alright. If there was any way I could go back to when the visualisations took less space on the screen I'd do it in a heartbeat.

There has been a time when new was always better but looking at all the firmware threads here I don't really see that anymore.

Finally succumbed yesterday, updated TO 2023.2.12, mostly so I can get the rear defroster fixed. They'd make me do it anyway.

(I like the hi/low for steering wheel heater. Other than that, cant see a difference from 2022.44.something, I forget what it was)

I'm a little bit nerd.. so I take note of every update..
Column F is the distance (in days) since previous update.
Still far from the record: 59 days of July 2022 😆
Screenshot_20230411_114224_Sheets.jpg

I for one am done with getting yet another buggy software and a promise that the bugs will be fixed in the future (which they will while they're introducing new bugs).

My car is running fine on 2022.20.8, it still uses its radar and USS, I still have "Darvin windows" and except for a few glitches/minor annoyances it's working alright. If there was any way I could go back to when the visualisations took less space on the screen I'd do it in a heartbeat.

There has been a time when new was always better but looking at all the firmware threads here I don't really see that anymore.
I’m never really in a rush to update, except when there’s a major bug/ glitch.. having 3 Co workers in my car going to lunch, when it freezes trying to load the backup cams, crashes, and re boots playing a death metal song I’ve never heard at maximum volume, while also being frozen and unable up to control the volume, in addition to unusable hands free Bluetooth, are my current reasons *to* upgrade. If it was all good I really wouldn’t care and I’d leave it alone..

Does that mean I likely won't get the new update once my (useless) FSD subscription expires in 2 weeks? I was hoping that once it expired maybe I'd qualify for an update and maybe they were holding off on any new updates due to me being in the FSD subscription for now. The service representative said that's not the case but I don't really trust them...

Does that mean I likely won't get the new update once my (useless) FSD subscription expires in 2 weeks? I was hoping that once it expired maybe I'd qualify for an update and maybe they were holding off on any new updates due to me being in the FSD subscription for now. The service representative said that's not the case but I don't really trust them...
You might get one like I did...2023.2.12. sigh...All the stats I see on various sites is that fleet wide the percentages for those still on .2.12 are less than 20% and still continuing to shrink. Oh and were on the old maps data too...