Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Still Waiting on Holiday Release Part 2 Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla: Buy this Performance model car! It has a 0-60 time of 3.1 seconds! Electric is the future!

Also Tesla: Buy FSD for $10k and never use said Performance. Autonomous cars are the future!

I own FSD, and use it on highways all the time, and it's great. I doubt I will really ever use it on city streets. I actually enjoy driving the car because of the performance. Summon is great when needed, but I agree with the changes to the UI not making sense for people not owning FSD. Elon did say the UI will have multiple display options. Hopefully soon. Even with FSD, I prefer the older UI.

It’s unbelievable they did not immediately rollback this « update « that every model 3 owner hates
The historical examples of tech companies rolling back arbitrary software/UI changes based on negative customer feedback are unfortunately almost non-existent. No mater how unpopular. Unless it clearly negatively effects sales they just don't care. I really wish it was technically feasible to jailbreak the 3/Y to take control of this ourselves, but it does not look practical.

That's not Model 3 specific, it's a change fleet wide (well once the new S/X come into play)

The horizontal-screen S/X are still made of Unobtanium, so we don't know that for certain. Could very well evolve between now and when they show up, too... In fact, I expect that to be the case...

So right now - the display change is Model 3/Y specific and I don't like it. I have no problem with the tweaks they made on the X; that's been fine. But on our 3 - I want the older split back.