Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Stop complaining and start promoting if you want Tesla to survive!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the recent price drops, we all feel like we got screwed. I paid 60K for AWD model 3 with just EAP. But I knew there will be an upcoming price drop with 35K model 3. I wanted all the premium features and so far I love the car.

But lets get real. Tesla needs cash infusion badly right now, thats why they are doing massive drops in these software packages. With all the sales satff going away, its gonna be word of mouth to get customers.

If you want Tesla to survive and your car to hold its value, start promoting to non-EV owners cause come Monday, the stock is gonna tank for sure

You aren't getting it.

The problem is not simply the price drops.

One of the problems many people are missing is that Tesla has sold a product they haven't given out yet.

They charged people for this product to the tune of $5k.

Remember: They haven't given the product to ANYONE.

They then sold the same product to other people for $2k.

Remember again...they haven't given the product to Anyone.

Originally they told people that " Hey!! you better get this product now because if you wait its going to cost a lot more".

That has turned out to be totally UNTRUE. The price didn't go up like they warned. It actually went down.

That's what is causing some of the angst and sadness.

It's a lot more impressive to use a simple camera and software to detect rain than a dedicated
You aren't getting it.

The problem is not simply the price drops.

One of the problems many people are missing is that Tesla has sold a product they haven't given out yet.

They charged people for this product to the tune of $5k.

Remember: They haven't given the product to ANYONE.

They then sold the same product to other people for $2k.

Remember again...they haven't given the product to Anyone.

Originally they told people that " Hey!! you better get this product now because if you wait its going to cost a lot more".

That has turned out to be totally UNTRUE. The price didn't go up like they warned. It actually went down.

That's what is causing some of the angst and sadness.
When I went for a test drive the rep recommend not to get the full self driving capability just yet. Not the experience you describing.

No they didn't. They priced with a lower price if purchased with the vehicle.

The price for AP + FSD has still not changed.

There is an offer, targeted at more recent Model 3 buyers, who purchased shortly before the most recent price drops.

You're caught out because you're an earlier buyer who bought it with the car.

If you were to buy a new Model 3 and wanted AP + FSD you would pay $8k.

What you are _really_ arguing for is for Tesla to refund you money for having purchased the car at a higher price.

That’s not my job.

Exactly, lots of people seem to forget that we are the customers! Tesla exists because we purchased their products. If their customer base feels burned for whatever reason, wether you agree or not, and leaves to other brands, that is purely their fault. Like I said before in another thread they would've been better off investing in marketing and advertising instead of discounting product. Generate the sales lift through greater awareness (despite what us fanboys think not everyone knows or cares about Tesla) vs. cheapening the product.

That's where you're misrepresenting what Tesla actually said. They never said it would always cost more, they said the current price when paid with purchase is $X, the current price if purchased separately is $Y.

They didn't say they would never adjust the pricing at a later date. How many times do we need to go over this very basic fact?

It's a lot more impressive to use a simple camera and software to detect rain than a dedicated

When I went for a test drive the rep recommend not to get the full self driving capability just yet. Not the experience you describing.
Back in September, my Tesla delivery advisor stated in writing (in an email) that if I did not add FSD right then, it would cost more post-delivery. I know I am not the only person to be misled.

Reactions: SunCharged
If you feel 'cheated' then you did NOT do your research before buying a Tesla. You did not buy a BMW or a Mercedes. You are purchasing an American Made car from a Start-up that is desperately trying to survive despite all the critics... which unfortunately includes their own customers!
Tesla is 15 years old, publicly traded, and has a market capitalization of $51 billion. It is not a startup and we should not treat it as such.

No they didn't. They priced with a lower price if purchased with the vehicle.

The price for AP + FSD has still not changed.

There is an offer, targeted at more recent Model 3 buyers, who purchased shortly before the most recent price drops.

You're caught out because you're an earlier buyer who bought it with the car.

If you were to buy a new Model 3 and wanted AP + FSD you would pay $8k.

What you are _really_ arguing for is for Tesla to refund you money for having purchased the car at a higher price.

The problem is Tesla advertised pre-purchasing EAP/FSD with the car because it would be more expensive if added afterwards, which was the sole reason many did.

However, now Tesla is selling at a significantly lower price to those buyers who chose not to pre-purchase than those buyers who already pre-purchased (who did so because of the deceiving “buy now or pay more later”).

It creates huge remorse for those who pre-purchased, which is totally normal and natural reaction/feeling.

Reactions: KenF and SunCharged
Exactly, lots of people seem to forget that we are the customers! Tesla exists because we purchased their products.

Sigh,....more people of the "entitled" generation. All the purchase entitles you to is to own the product you purchased.

Tesla doesn't exist because of you, they exist because a lot of people, Elon included, invested a lot of money and long difficult hours to make it happen. You are not the center of the universe and Tesla would exist even if you were never born.

A better way to look at it is your ability to buy an amazing car, the Model 3, exists because of other's blood sweat, tears (and investment capital). All you have to do, if you want to drive one of their cars, is pay the price they are asking at the moment. You don't own the company and you don't get to say how they operate. Take it or leave it, they will be fine whatever you decide. You do not make or break the company and they are not making decisions for your sole benefit.

Sigh,....more people of the "entitled" generation. All the purchase entitles you to is to own the product you purchased.

Tesla doesn't exist because of you, they exist because a lot of people, Elon included, invested a lot of money and long difficult hours to make it happen. You are not the center of the universe and Tesla would exist even if you were never born.

A better way to look at it is your ability to buy an amazing car, the Model 3, exists because of other's blood sweat, tears (and investment capital). All you have to do, if you want to drive one of their cars, is pay the price they are asking at the moment. You don't own the company and you don't get to say how they operate. Take it or leave it, they will be fine whatever you decide. You do not make or break the company and they are not making decisions for your sole benefit.

First of all, I said WE, not I. Yes they exist because of ALOT of people. But they can cease to exist because of ALOT of people as well. By the way, you are a known troll so this misinformation I suppose is to be expected of you. And yes, I do own a piece the company and as long as its my first amendment right I will state my opinions freely! If you don't like it pack Trump up along with yourself and find yourself a nice little home in Russia lol. Some of us want to come on here and have a nice discussion and all you do is attack endlessly. Get a life.

• Disagree
Reactions: rickjames
problem is lots of wall street sharks and short-sellers are gunning for them

Short sellers have no impact on Tesla execution (reliability, customer service), car demand, or Tesla's cash burn. Plenty of companies have had high short interest, and the best thing for any credible and competent management team to do is execute. In fact, the best thing for a stock where the company has strong fundamentals/prospects is to have HIGH short interest, because those shorts will have to cover (a squeeze). Management obsessing about short sellers is one of the MOST reliable red flags you'll ever see from a company. When a CEO talks about their stock, and shorts, run for the hills!

First of all, I said WE, not I. Yes they exist because of ALOT of people. But they can cease to exist because of ALOT of people as well. By the way, you are a known troll so this misinformation I suppose is to be expected of you. And yes, I do own a piece the company and as long as its my first amendment right I will state my opinions freely! If you don't like it pack Trump up along with yourself and find yourself a nice little home in Russia lol. Some of us want to come on here and have a nice discussion and all you do is attack endlessly. Get a life.

I'm not a troll, I'm calling it how I see it. I'm just providing my opinion. You should stop attacking me while you argue that you have a First Amendment right! If that's not funny, I don't know what is.;)

• Disagree
Reactions: SunCharged
That's where you're misrepresenting what Tesla actually said. They never said it would always cost more, they said the current price when paid with purchase is $X, the current price if purchased separately is $Y.

They didn't say they would never adjust the pricing at a later date. How many times do we need to go over this very basic fact?

Price of AP+FSD when ordered:

2017: $8k
2018: $8k
2019: $8k

No adjustment in pricing there. Then Tesla states on the ordering page that if you don't purchase AP or AP+FSD at purchase that these features will cost more...only to find out this wasn't the case and in fact, we could have saved thousands of dollars within a few months. Why wouldn't people be upset?

If Tesla kept the price of AP+FSD constant, no one would be arguing. Tesla needs the money, so they are dropping the price of AP+FSD by $6k to rein in those buyers who skipped out on those features. I get it, but you're going to get some angry adopters and I don't blame the "whining" one bit.

I bought EAP for $5k, love it, and could have bought FSD for $3k, but since the features of FSD were not available at the time, I didn't see the need. Now that I can grab it for $2k, I'll most likely jump at it in due time and I'm glad I waited. I don't need freebies, don't feel entitled, but I do feel I have lost trust in them. Great product, unreliable practices.

Reactions: TT97
How is this coming as a surprise to anyone? They are computers on wheels and other buyers getting more for less soon after your purchase is the way tech markets go. I paid for it when I wanted it last May knowing someone could pay less for my LR in 2019-20 (well, without the full tax credit though).
Honestly, I couldn't care less if the car I'm driving is the latest and the greatest, and the same goes for whether it could be bought for less now, or is bundled with later and greater features for the same price.
To me, the only things that do matter are:
Is it affordable?
Does it fit my mission?
Will it continue to fit my mission for the time I choose to own it?
Will the company that made it either make it so well I don't have to worry about maintenance, or be there to do the maintenance required and do it properly and without angst?
All the rest is just griping.
Robin