Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Storm watch opt-out [New feature in Tesla App]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You just toggle it off

First image on. Second image off

Attachments

• 5B25E409-CB33-4B50-986A-07D0836D4281.png
    5B25E409-CB33-4B50-986A-07D0836D4281.png
    410.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 98DD7425-90CB-4F16-A8EB-7BC92E47C87E.png
    98DD7425-90CB-4F16-A8EB-7BC92E47C87E.png
    410.5 KB · Views: 105
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: BGbreeder and bmah
You just toggle it off

First image on. Second image off

Also, to OP, this functionality has been in the Tesla app since my Powerwalls were installed 3 years ago. It's definitely not new to 4.5.0 or whatever the latest app is. (How well it actually worked has varied somewhat, but over the past year or so it's been fairly responsive and correct.)

Bruce.

View attachment 781260

Maybe I’m misinterpreting the notes? I understand how to turn on and off storm watch… this update makes it sound like individual events can be opted out
I am on the older version. Let me update and find out.

ETA: Just updated. The UI on the settings page is different. Maybe you no longer will have to go to settings to toggle off; you can do it directly from the homepage?

What is new is the ability to "tap the banner on the home screen to opt out of the current event". Previously, if you wanted to do that, you just went to the stormwatch setting and toggled it off.

So, apparently now, you can toggle off "that event", by tapping the banner, but you could toggle it off before so its not some huge increase in functionality for this.

I do like the settings page changes though, its the same basic stuff, just organized a bit different.

• Helpful
Reactions: bmah
The opt-out modal looks like this during a storm. This is brand new with app version 4.7, and like many app updates, will roll out slowly.

I like the reorganization of the settings...it's less intimidating than what we had before. Also, I don't have to worry about accidentally changing a setting as I'm scrolling up and down a long list of settings.

Bruce.

Reactions: alexguichet
The opt-out modal looks like this during a storm. This is brand new with app version 4.7, and like many app updates, will roll out slowly.

I like it, that IS different, and pretty cool! I was always cross referencing from a weather app, to see why stormwatch triggered, and if I wanted to let it charge or not.

Thanks for sharing!

I know it's an old thread, but this feature has stopped working for me a few months ago. I called Tesla Powerwall support and they haven't been able to fix it so far. Just wondering if it's broken for everyone, which would suggest it's a bug in the app or is it something that is somehow specific to me. To be clear, I'm talking about the ability to opt-out from a specific storm event, not toggling the storm watch feature off altogether.