Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaks on interior window

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ckwong

Mar 15, 2017
NJ
Has anybody had this on both rear passenger window? After wiping it off and reopening the windows it comes back. It's only been 2 weeks...didn't get a chance to check this on D-day as I was too busy checking for other issues. Thanks!

Attachments

• RenderedContent-F0F4746A-63A2-46A8-ACEA-3B63F5005BD7.JPG
    RenderedContent-F0F4746A-63A2-46A8-ACEA-3B63F5005BD7.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 291
I've had this since last August. I've done the roll down and up and wipe countless times.

I brought this to Tesla and they won't do anything because I got my windows tinted. They said it's left over from the stuff they put on for delivery or something along those lines.

I've had this since last August. I've done the roll down and up and wipe countless times.

I brought this to Tesla and they won't do anything because I got my windows tinted. They said it's left over from the stuff they put on for delivery or something along those lines.

I have the same issue, and I don't agree with their explanation- my windows had those lines prior to them having been tinted. Additionally, the FWD windows do the same thing o_O

I had this issue on my X as well. When I took it to the service center, they mentioned that they see this a lot and it comes from some residue on the inside of the door in newly manufactured X's. They take the door apart and wipe off certain parts to remove the residue. Upon initial servicing, it was better, but not completely clear. Now that I've had the car for a couple of months after the service, it is completely clear. Hope that helps.

• Helpful
Reactions: ckwong