Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Streaming

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just realized something, though maybe I'm a bit late to the party on this one....

As the cars lte service is US based, this means we have full access to all US based subscription services for streaming in the car. I just tried logging into my sportsnet account and couldn't do so as the car thinks it's in the US. I'd love access to those....ESPN is way better and cheaper than comparable Canadian services. So I've a few questions for anyone who knows:

1. With the new browser and wifi is streaming in car decent?
2. Is there a way using wifi to transfer the signal to a chromecast in the house?
3. Can anyone point me to some kind of disposable address that can be used to sign up for these services?

Are you talking about video streaming?

Video streaming is disabled with the current browser.

As a matter of fact, audio is also disabled with the current browser.

So, you have to fix those video and audio features first before thinking anything else like chromecast...

ooh... that's a simpler answer than I expected lol... thanks.

Are you talking about video streaming?

Video streaming is disabled with the current browser.

As a matter of fact, audio is also disabled with the current browser.

So, you have to fix those video and audio features first before thinking anything else like chromecast...

This will soon change as the browser will enable video/audio when the car is parked and connected to WIFI in a future software upgrade (doesn't currently work on 2019.12)

...This will soon change...

When Tesla browser's video and audio are enabled "soon":

1. With the new browser and wifi is streaming in car decent?...

Not with the current configuration. It's possible because of the inefficient browser but it is more like because of the computer's power.

Thus, not only we need to fix the video and audio issues, Tesla needs to fix the slowness of browser and computing power.