Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sudden unexpected turns in FSD mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have 2017 100D MX with FSD active. Recently I have been experiencing sudden, unexpected, VERY ABRUPT, turns of the wheel typically to the right. If I hadn’t had my hands on the wheel I would have been abruptly turned into another car in the lane beside me. It is very scary and, while I clearly like my FSD feature, I don’t feel comfortable engaging if other cars are around me. It requires me to interrupt the FSD mode to keep the car in the appropriate lane and out of the side of another car. All software is up to date and there are no warnings or faults.
Anyone else experiencing this?

I have 2017 100D MX with FSD active. Recently I have been experiencing sudden, unexpected, VERY ABRUPT, turns of the wheel typically to the right. If I hadn’t had my hands on the wheel I would have been abruptly turned into another car in the lane beside me. It is very scary and, while I clearly like my FSD feature, I don’t feel comfortable engaging if other cars are around me. It requires me to interrupt the FSD mode to keep the car in the appropriate lane and out of the side of another car. All software is up to date and there are no warnings or faults.
Anyone else experiencing this?
Same thing yesterday 21MXP on 11.3.6
Cruising inside a state park at 25mph and sudden hard right turn, no other traffic present. No prior hint anything was about to happen, the wheel suddenly jerked hard and the blinker came on.

Upvote 0
I’m really tired of the quoting the disclaimer from Tesla… I’ve put 112,000 miles on this car and had the FSD for over a year.
This behavior from my Tesla is decidedly NOT normal and really is DANGEROUS! It’s not an issue of whether I keep my hands on the wheel — I do or I would have been an integral part of the side of an 18 wheeler or a less imposing Toyota Corolla. It just started and that is even more concerning…

Reactions: Genie
Upvote 0
I find that Tesla statement a pathetic excuse.
That’s what we get when you expect the public to beta test such a feature instead of only releasing it after it’s fully ready.

It’s not fully self driving and likely will not be for a very long time. Every iteration may improve some aspects but make others worse and/or introduce new bugs or logic errors.

All you can do is just hit the feedback button and hope someone at Tesla sees the problem and fixes it.

Upvote 0
That’s what we get when you expect the public to beta test such a feature instead of only releasing it after it’s fully ready.

It’s not fully self driving and likely will not be for a very long time. Every iteration may improve some aspects but make others worse and/or introduce new bugs or logic errors.

All you can do is just hit the feedback button and hope someone at Tesla sees the problem and fixes it.
For most of us, there is no feedback button. Except for the prominent YouTubers, that went away late last year,

• Informative
Reactions: E90alex
Upvote 0
Most of the long term Tesla people are their best salesmen (used to get points for that stuff) and we are pretty eager to do anything we can to make the technology that we adopted early work well. It strikes me that it probably takes more effort to ignore these problems than to provide us with the means to improve it. Beta testing implies sone means for feedback…

Upvote 0
By the way, there seems to be no means for the beta testers to actually report issues with FSD… at least not that I’ve been made aware of.
For most of us, there is no feedback button. Except for the prominent YouTubers, that went away late last year,

1681408490575.png

Last edited:
Reactions: E90alex
Upvote 0