Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggest new name for the Autopilot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree with keeping Autopilot. It's the most accurate definition but many people don't associate this definition with the term. Seems to me we should be educating people to correctly use the term, not stop using the correct term!
I agree, but unlike French, there is no definitive source for correct word usage so the living language changes definitions quite dramatically. Just think that not too long ago 'gay' meant a giddy happiness, and 'awesome' actually meant something that provoked awe. Despite my own preference for the accurate, highly descriptive autopilot, we have come to the point that even I must accept that teaching people what 'autopilot' should mean is not practical. In a world where 'sex' no longer is use to describe biological function and teh strictly linguistic, non-sex term 'gender' has become synonymous with what once was 'sex' we can just 'fuggeddabout' (itself a regional word that has reached ubiquitous acceptance in the US) autopilot.

Nautopilot.

Elon's fitting that to this:

181FU07_Bond-Lotus.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: EinSV and jbcarioca
So... everyone noticed that they NEVER used the words "Autopilot" in today's announcement? (Except to talk about "first generation autopilot features")

Don't know if that is a clue or not, but these suggestions might be needed soon!
They actually call the self driving self driving. Autopilot has been Enhanced! (Enhanced Autopilot).

So there is now some distinction between the two.