Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions for Kid-proofing MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Any tips on what sort of seat protector and kick mat is the best for the MS? Since many of the kickmats & seat protectors wrap the top around telescoping headrests, I thought that this might be a problem to find something suitable. Suggestions would be appreciated as I'm expecting delivery in a couple of weeks.

Thx!

...now time to clean out the garage!

I use a Diono Ultra Mat under my daughter's booster seat. Works well -- it has a flap that tucks into the seat fold to hold the bottom part in place, and a strap that fits fine around the fixed headrest.
Amazon.com: Diono Ultra Mat Full-Size Seat Protector, Black: Baby

I'm not using a kick mat though -- the ones I used on a previous car won't work on the Teslas front seats. But our daughter is 6 1/2 now, and she likes to sit in the middle, so not having one hasn't been a problem so far...

That Diono is a great protector. I have two of them. When my kids aren't in the car with me, I have found that they work great in the front seat for protecting the leather from my sweaty clothes after the gym or for padding the Model S when I am transporting wood (or whatever) from Home Depot. The only problem with these protectors is that I have found it cumbersome to have to lift them up a bit to get the seat belt to latch.

I haven't found the need for kick pads...

FWIW (and I had this discussion with another forum member when we met in person) I sleep a lot better just letting the goldfish crumbs accumulate (vacuum), we use non-scuff seats here, we accept feet scuffs on the back of the driver and front passenger seat (a little plastic cleaner and just like new), and they can have water as their only drink. two cents later ..

Don't cover anything it the car. You put your kids in this ! :)

MV5BMjA5MTYyMjc5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjI1OTQyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Hi all,

Any tips on what sort of seat protector and kick mat is the best for the MS? Since many of the kickmats & seat protectors wrap the top around telescoping headrests, I thought that this might be a problem to find something suitable. Suggestions would be appreciated as I'm expecting delivery in a couple of weeks.

Thx!

...now time to clean out the garage!

6 year old twins in the back and the seats do get kicked often. Cleans right off though. I just do it once a week with a damp cloth.

I haven't allowed food or drink in the car yet, though. I suppose I'll cave on water if we do a trip longer than 3 hours.

That Diono is a great protector... The only problem with these protectors is that I have found it cumbersome to have to lift them up a bit to get the seat belt to latch.

I bought a seat belt extender that someone else here recommended -- here's the link. Amazon.com: 8 Go!: Automotive

Went with the 8" one and it puts the seat belt button right next to the seat belt slot on her booster -- otherwise the rather buried connectors on the Tesla would be a pain to buckle a booster (and she would never get it herself...)... Since its rigid, it stays in the right spot too...