Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions For Tesla Model S Firmware Improvement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL. Yeah but it would be nice having dynamic lines like Toyota's etc., curve changes as you turn the steering wheel.

There was a no. of discussion threads on Tesla website forum re the guide line overlay for the reverse cam.

From what I can gather, it’s visually simple, but this actually requires additional sensors and hardware to implement such as sensors installed on both the steering wheel and front / steering wheels. Unless the MS has a steer-by-wire steering system, otherwise it’s not possible to add this feature through a software update.

A bird’s eye cam / lane departure warning would be nice for the car, but would need micro-cams / sensors installed in the first place.

A simple feature Tesla can add via software update is the convenient exit / entry feature – when the car detects the driver is getting out of the car, it slides the driver’s seat back and up-tilt the steering wheel, and the reverse happens when the driver sits down into the driver seat. Many luxury cars have this feature.

Suggestion:

move the suspension buttons on the control screen to the right hand side. Actually, the whole control panel is designed for LHD, so please do something about it~ P.S I don't have long arms :biggrin:
m6BMP3KGAAAY6LxmBgG4DqXpDZjTfh2DRRrWbczRHGygYsBtQCBtxHw4DKmhtjj3y.jpg

Add "hold" function like that in Mercedes. When double press break peddle after car stops at traffic light, car will not move even if you lift your foot off break peddle. It is quite useful in city traffic. Think this should be easy to implement

Because the Model S does not "creep" forward when in Drive like conventional cars (unless of course you have the "Creep" function turned on) I do not see a pressing need for the feature you describe. If you are on reasonably level ground and have come to a complete stop you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the car won't move.

Because the Model S does not "creep" forward when in Drive like conventional cars (unless of course you have the "Creep" function turned on) I do not see a pressing need for the feature you describe. If you are on reasonably level ground and have come to a complete stop you can take your foot off the brake pedal and the car won't move.

Where we are in Hong Kong has a lot of hills, thus almost none of the roads on the island are level. After driving the car for a few weeks, I really missed the brake hold function on the Mercedes.