Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Suggestions on Tesla Model 3 after accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My insurance includes up to 30 days rental, is it common you can have unlimited rental until the car is fixed?

That generally depends on who’s at fault. If the other party is liable, their insurance company is responsible for any loss that occurs, to include a rental car. For as long as it takes to get your car back on the road, because that wasn’t your fault to begin with.

If the accident is your fault, rental coverage is subject to your coverage, most of which seems have a 30 day maximum.

On edit: I said generally because it varies with each state. I’ve been in the military for 13 years, which means my I move around a lot. It wold amaze you the differences in how insurance companies are required to operate in different states.

• Helpful
Reactions: focher and tguy2019
I would add one caveat. Rental car and Loss of Use are kinda different things. If you are not at fault, you can claim LOU. If you are at fault then your own insurance limits you to a rental.

Most insurance will try to offer you like $25 a day for rental reimbursement. Don’t accept that if you aren’t at fault. Argue LOU for the cost to get an equivalent car. Their policy rules don’t apply to you.