Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon is now available in Canada for the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just updated to 44.1 and summon is here!

EFE52F52-6970-4AEE-8E79-AC58088AD884.jpeg
4CF725B4-08A9-421F-B3B4-70082E304CF2.jpeg
74AFD25E-9BC5-4921-8CD8-5764325869DF.png

Now all we need is auto lane change!

I visited Detroit this weekend and had it enable once I crossed the border. You need to reset your expectations as it is not auto lane change. It will prompt you to change lanes and then you can hit the gear select or turn signal and it will initiate. In its current state it is not that aggressive at suggesting lane changes even with "mad max" mode enabled. I found it a novelty.

I was playing around with it and in order for it to work, the app needs internet access (cell or wifi) and Bluetooth connection to the car.

Is that how Tesla resolved it for Canada? That mobile app needs a Bluetooth connection to the car? Not sure if the US cars have that requirement. I recall seeing a video where a guy reversed his car from several stories high.

You need to reset your expectations as it is not auto lane change. It will prompt you to change lanes and then you can hit the gear select or turn signal and it will initiate. In its current state it is not that aggressive at suggesting lane changes even with "mad max" mode enabled. I found it a novelty.

Yeah, I'm definitely aware of its limitations, but am excited to try it out.

Ok, so I couldn't resist.....summon out of my garage worked surprisingly well. Freaky in fact .My garage is really tight with a bunch of wood working tools strategically placed. Probably 10" clearance on drivers side at a minimum and the front 6" of the model 3 tucks under my table saw which is on a roller stand.

Now coming into the garage I saw a couple issues. First, unless I was within 5 feet of the car it kept disconnecting. Second, I have a step from the driveway to the garage. About 3" tall. The model 3 tries to climb it, but gives up after giving a tiny bit of extra oomph. But I'm glad for that...second problem is easily remedied by me putting a small block of wood to act as a ramp. Actually been meaning to do this for a while, just not gotten around to it.

Maybe I'll take a couple vids real quick and post them....