Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

benjiejr

Technogeekextraordinaire
Nov 20, 2014
San Antonio, Texas
Some nice Summon options added to firmware 7.1 (2.12.126), but summon on incline still doesn't work for me. I did get a slight bump in range after the update. I used to get 221 miles at 90% charge; now I get 222 miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice video! Thanks for taking the time to do it.

I too got the update, but didn't have time yet to do it. I wish they put the release notes in the update notification BEFORE you update.

I was hoping for Summon on incline as well. If the concern is safety, simply allowing manual Summoning on incline by holding the Key FOB front or back, Stop on release would be even better. If you think about it, its safer than doing it without constant interaction by a human.

The other is, choosing side distant centering preference. I like how they did the vertical, and thought they implemented that.
So that, you could choose to have more room on the drivers side, for example. Or, in our garage, there is more room on the right, once it enters through the garage door frame. It gets confused once inside and tries to turn to center it between the walls.

Awesome paint job and 20inch wheels. Also, love the hi-tech bumper guards! :)

Totally agree on release notes prior to update. I think a lot of ppl have thought that makes sense.

I like ur idea of holding fob down for inclines. But I bet Tesla will get it so that it just works automatically!

Distance centering is a nice idea!

Thanks for the compliments! The bumper guards get he job done. Lol