Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Summon woes...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Summon only works about 10% of the time - getting it to move [Forward] in to the garage. If that.
But works about 65% of the time moving out of the garage in [Reverse] mode.

Our garage driveway is a modest incline up and into the garage, and it has executed pulling into the garage on 2 occasions, so I don’t think it’s an “incline to steep issue.”

I have Summon surrounding settings set to “tight” which I’ve found generally means it needs about 14” of clearance on all sides to move.

One of the main purposes of the Summon feature is to move the vehicle in and out of tight garages or parking spots, where opening and getting in/out of the driver side is all but impossible or inconveniently difficult.

Embarrassingly useless at this point... at least for me.

I get all of these errors...

4095D83D-C243-4CDD-A866-AB2341CCDDC0.jpeg 7B11CE6A-B694-4252-8FAD-50AB3793C1E5.jpeg BAAF4FB7-0080-459C-ADDE-A32EB7DF1F31.jpeg 578D0AA8-6350-436E-923D-45DF1A42D20B.jpeg 60CF8323-0EB4-44D5-B396-BEE2EA4B6B73.jpeg

My driveway has a slight incline which my S can make it up fine, but when it reaches the lip on the garage it would refuse to go over. One day I tried to reverse into the garage and it made it over the lip fine, maybe those of you having incline issue give that a try?

Also big disclaimer, I have an AP1 S not a 3 so YMMV

I am amazed that some people seem to use it for tight garages daily. I have found it to be a toy only. It will not consistently work.

I use it twice a day every day (getting in and out of my garage). While I ultimately have success with it, it is super frustrating as it works on the first try only 60% of the time (although this is up from about 25% of the time in previous software versions). Connection errors have reduced significantly for me. Hopeful Advanced Summon gets her sometime in December, per what Elon has tweeted (he said approximately 6 weeks which puts it at mid December.