Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did the first 30 customers configure their car though?

If you have 400,000 reservations you could make any configuration you want and still find 30 that match what you built. :)

Just open configuration to employees only since that is who gets the first few thousand and give them a few days to decide, shouldn't be hard to get a few hundred to pull the trigger and pick 30 to be the first to receive.

Last edited:
Is he saying they'll reach a rate of 20,000 cars per month sometime in December or produce a total of 20,000 cars in December? Or am I paying too much attention to his grammar. :p

Produce 20k cars in December. That does not mean they will deliver that many. He said they will try and maximize the number of tax credit's so they could have ever one of those in transit for January delivery.

Just took a peak at Troy's data. He is currently predicting :
July = 76 (vs Elon 30)
August = 378 (vs Elon 100)
September = 2,502 (vs Elon >1500)
October = 9,038
November = 16,400
December = 29,068 (vs Elon 20,000)

This tells me that if you used Troy's estimator tool that it gave you a date earlier than what Elon tweeted tonight. By the way, I think Troy did a great job estimating this and will quickly be able to adjust to the new data, so nothing negative to him at all! I just wanted to share how Elon's tweet relates to the tool...

Just took a peak at Troy's data. He is currently predicting :
July = 76 (vs Elon 30)
August = 378 (vs Elon 100)
September = 2,502 (vs Elon >1500)
October = 9,038
November = 16,400
December = 29,068 (vs Elon 20,000)

This tells me that if you used Troy's estimator tool that it gave you a date earlier than what Elon tweeted tonight. By the way, I think Troy did a great job estimating this and will quickly be able to adjust to the new data, so nothing negative to him at all! I just wanted to share how Elon's tweet relates to the tool...
I'd thought those were cumulative vs Elon talking about per month rate. So I think the December about for 30k cumulative might be a bit low, but the ramp between September to December is quite steep in Elon's rates.