Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshade for Windshield & Skylight

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sunscreen Tweet.png

Don't know about the need for sunshades as its pretty cold here but the panoramic windshield is to die for. I tested it out at the reveal but did not fully appreciate it until I sat in Bonnie's Sig 2 outside in the sun with the trees all around. It will be stellar on vacations or driving on scenic roadways.

Don't know about the need for sunshades as its pretty cold here but the panoramic windshield is to die for. I tested it out at the reveal but did not fully appreciate it until I sat in Bonnie's Sig 2 outside in the sun with the trees all around. It will be stellar on vacations or driving on scenic roadways.

Glad you liked it, I am mostly concerned about direct sunlight on sunny days. Let me know if it works well in those conditions when you get a chance.

Thanks

I'm curious about the loss of insulation caused by the panoramic windshield. On my Prius v when it's cold outside and I open the moonroof cover to look through the glass, I can feel the cold air dropping down on me. Usually I run hot, so I like it most of the time, but my wife doesn't like it.

How does the panoramic windshield do with thermal insulation to prevent the 'waves of cold' effect of a moonroof?

I have yet to hear or see a sunshade, and I picked up my Model X at the factory Dec. 30th. The front windshield does not have enough tinting for me in San Diego.

Maybe you can ask your DS or we can all email Tesla Support | Tesla Motors asking for a sunshade.

And link Elon Musk response stating a sunshade will come with each car: Elon Musk on Twitter: Not sure why we don't see sunshades, he didn't delete his tweet either (he usually does that when something changes)

So, once again, what Elon says and what Tesla does don't match. I asked Tesla via their Teslaservicena email about the sunshades, and after some confusion about what I meant, this is their response: "[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately, we personally have no information regarding the sunshades for the Model X.". [/FONT]