Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sunshade UnNeeded!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So i've had the car for a few days, and one thing i came to realize is that there really is no need for a sunshade.

With Cali sun beaming down, the tinted glass does a great job. In fact, I feel like the front glass is overly tinted obstructing the view of the sky. Never once did I feel like i needed a sunshade.

I wonder if anyone feels the same.

I feel like tesla overdid the tinting on the front and made it a tad too dark defeating the purpose of the panoramic front windshield.

Totally agree, just did a road trip for 9 days in lots of sun and heat and never once considered installing the sunshade. Even in my hometown, which has been over 100 degrees 25 days this summer, I have not needed it. So, I have concluded that when the sun is at the high summer angle the windshield/sunroofs/back window are fantastic at keeping out heat and glare, but it will be interesting to see what happens when the sun is lower in the sky in late August and September. I can imagine if you are driving into the sun for an extended period of time on a warm September day the sunshade may be useful. But for now all I an say is Tesla has done an amazing job of creating a car that does not get hot in the summer sun, it is by far the coolest (double meaning) car I have every owned!

I still haven't received mine, despite getting an email a few weeks back. Called Tesla support and got a random useless answer, that basically said you'd receive it when we mail it to you! Did you guys receive yours after the email went out? Have had the car since the end of March. Thanks.

Drive ( particularly going west) in 102+ high humidity temps (which is what I did a few weeks ago in NC GA, FL) and you'll feel differently. Shade is needed.

So/No-Cal 90 does not equal SouthEast summer 90....
Agreed. "It's a dry heat!"
Bill-Paxton-Aliens-600x334.jpg

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: X Fan
Just got mine last night! I installed it while in the garage, and couldn't help but think it's ugly, and likely of little use. But my wife said it was really helpful today. Kept her forehead much cooler... I'll get a chance to check it out in daylight later today. It's really sunny here today, and we're going into a mini-heat wave here in SoCal (high 90s - but it's a dry heat!) so we'll get to test it out for sure.