Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Super bright lights...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Whenever I drive at night I constantly get flashed by other cars thinking my high beams are on..

The regular lights on the car are really bright and I feel somewhat guilty I’m burning the retinas of other drivers - anyone else experienced this?

Hello all,

Whenever I drive at night I constantly get flashed by other cars thinking my high beams are on..

The regular lights on the car are really bright and I feel somewhat guilty I’m burning the retinas of other drivers - anyone else experienced this?

Try adjusting them one or two steps lower. Headlight adjustment settings are in the service menu. Just be careful, as there is no home/default setting to restore the original adjustment.

Reactions: ElectricAnt54
I haven't been flashed any more than with any other car. I find most car lights these days are a lot brighter than the older generation, then mix in pickups where they're a foot or so higher and it's a recipe for glare all over the place. I guess it's the price we pay for safety?

Reactions: GeezerSquid
Hello all,

Same experiences in my 2022 Model Y Performance. three or four cars flash their brights at me every night.

Another person had same issue. They used the light calibration feature to determine a headlight was pointing too high and moved it down. Seems incidents of being flashed by oncomming cars stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: CheapBastid