Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Reactions: e-FTW and mongo
Source: Art Galvan on Twitter
BE95807A-88BE-4DF8-9601-380EC4895ED9.jpeg

Boom(s), the big one is the second one when the top part hits the ground and kills some lights, launches bulkhead a ways away:
[EDIT: already posted above]

This will make SN2 better!

The aftermath where you can see the wayward bulkhead:

Last edited:
Topic drift. But my Fronius inverter, installed by Solar City in 2008, is about to be repaired for the 6th time. The Tesla contact is recommending it be replaced instead of repaired... hopefully with something else.
Talk about diversity at that company: welding and solar inverters. Those do line up with things Elon needs a at his companies. Drifted back. Your are welcome.

Who can explain what the “thrust puck” is? I am guessing it is the part of the vehicle structure that attaches to a tank dome section, in this case at the bottom of the vehicle since that appears to be the area that failed on SN1.

I don’t know for sure but I think you’re on the right track. The Thrust Pack is likely a reference to motors (actuators, plumbing, etc.) and associated structure as an integrated/tested module that has fairly simple electrical and plumbing interconnects to the vehicle, since its ultimately going to be easier to do final assembly that way as opposed to individually lifting a gazillion raptors up from the bottom. I can't imagine that module would get welded directly to the tank though, so there could be some interim structure (similar to an interstage) that is ~permanently mounted to the bottom of the tank and then the thrust pack attaches to that structure in some semi-permanent manner. If that supposition is correct, that's the interface being tested here.