Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Super Heavy/Starship - General Development Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually pick my favorite quote for the benefit of those that won’t read the piece. But this time it is the whole thing. All. Of. It.
Eric Berger is so good. He was setting expectations last night on Twitter, and this did not disappoint. Fantastic read.
After reading that piece, I kind of half jokingly think that Elon has an equation in his head that starts with the number of MIT engineering graduates per year and ends with number of days until we have a self-sustaining civilization on Mars.

I do not interpret the Danish rocket company video that way. The video contains the short clip Elon tweeted showing Starship fabrication taking place in the Sprung tent, with the voiceover saying that welding should take place indoors. Which is what SpaceX is now doing at Boca Chica.
Some sub-orbital operators (one Danish not least) are throwing shade over SS building conditions, it's time to raise their SS_welding_game at SpX:

"SN2 (with thrust puck) passed cryo pressure & engine thrust load tests late last night"
Elon Musk on Twitter
Threads like these make me glad no one tried to create threads for each SN...
Yes, they have serial production under way.
Elon Musk said:
Static fire & short flights with SN3, longer flights with SN4, but spooling up the whole Starship/Raptor production line is really what matters

Case in point, all the news is on SN2 right?
Well this is SN3...
800DB5A3-E555-45B9-9C3C-E2C6D8CEFDE6.jpeg

This is the sate of my half-done Starship + Super Heavy in SR2 following the extra 2m that Elon tweeted about. I expect engines will need a power bump soon...
One of the sea-level engine is selected so you see its config on the left and sea-level specs at the top right.
Rest of stats on the right are for the whole shebang.

Astronauts added for scale.
01C77DDF-FAB5-4187-9E5E-DD7D5F29828F.png

The price is just funny to look at.
Also, I had to cheat big time to have as much fuel as SpaceX states on spacex.com/starship.

(I have KSP but Have not played too much yet. That will come as it is a pretty good time sink for right now)

• Love
Reactions: pilotSteve