Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Auburn Hills, Michigan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gentlemen, we are good to go.

Attachments

• 1517D22B-50A3-4860-B231-00FEC383B39D.jpeg
    1517D22B-50A3-4860-B231-00FEC383B39D.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 130
Reactions: silverwolfe08
Awesome. I just moved to Oxford. Now I have a supercharger near my home and near my work, not that I really need it for that commute.

My good friend has a house in Oxford and I installed a NEMA 14-50 in his garage for when I make the trip up there. It is about 100 mile round-trip for me to his place there...so easily doable with the 90D any time of the year. However, his house is a good place to charge when I have to work in Flint which happens once in a while. Flint still needs to get some better charging options in place.

Of course now with this Auburn Hills one in place it presents some more options since I was driving about 30 minutes to get to Oxford anyway.

My good friend has a house in Oxford and I installed a NEMA 14-50 in his garage for when I make the trip up there. It is about 100 mile round-trip for me to his place there...so easily doable with the 90D any time of the year. However, his house is a good place to charge when I have to work in Flint which happens once in a while. Flint still needs to get some better charging options in place.

Of course now with this Auburn Hills one in place it presents some more options since I was driving about 30 minutes to get to Oxford anyway.

lol I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person who installs NEMA 14-50 plugs in family/friend's garages. It's just so easy when they already have a panel in the garage & I hate having to drive around and hang out at a level 2 charger. Do you usually tell them to get it inspected? I typically switch off the breaker when I leave and tell them they could get it inspected if they wanted, but I hate to burden them with that.

Reactions: Electric Joe
lol I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person who installs NEMA 14-50 plugs in family/friend's garages. It's just so easy when they already have a panel in the garage & I hate having to drive around and hang out at a level 2 charger. Do you usually tell them to get it inspected? I typically switch off the breaker when I leave and tell them they could get it inspected if they wanted, but I hate to burden them with that.

No, we didn't bother with that either. But it is our running joke that his house has the destination charger in it. I keep telling him that if we upgrade it to an actual Tesla wall charger that we can get him listed on Airbnb and the Tesla website...but I don't think he wants to do that. :)