Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger — Colorado Springs, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All the concrete is poured, the crew was smoothing out the first two of the eight stations when I was there about 2:30pm today. No exposed cables about, just somethings to clean up. The back of one of the transformers/boxes was open, so maybe some things need to be hooked up but no more wires or cables to pull. I asked the crew about when the stations would come online and, of course, got told "I have no idea".

IMG_8952.JPG
IMG_8954.JPG
IMG_8955.JPG
IMG_8956.JPG
IMG_8958.JPG

Thanks for the updates! I'll be doing the Lone Tree -> Trinidad drive right at the end of the year, so I'm hopeful this will be online by then. I did it once before last month in my 70D, and it was quite a cold and slow drive to make sure we made it with enough juice. I have backup plans to stop for a L2 charge in Pueblo, but even a 10 min boost at this supercharger would put my mind at ease.

Depending on the day of your trip, I may be around and you're welcome to get a 40A charge at my place. Shoot me an email - BestVisuals at Gmail dot com if you think you'd be around COSprings the end of the year. I'm also on Plugshare, and I know a Tesla owner near me with an 80A HPWC he shares...

The concrete is curing, 8 stations. There is a change - you pre-pay to get in now - minimum $1 - and pay the attendant if you need on your way out.

This $1 prepay has been the norm for the weekends at this garage for quite some time. (The attendant is only there on weekdays.) It will be interesting to see how/if this changes for Supercharging. Not that anybody *should* complain about paying a buck to charge, but I'm sure somebody will. Given all the great restaurants around (and that this is covered/sheltered), this looks like it'll be one of the nicest SCs around.

I couldn't agree more about the SC being in a great place. While it's not a heated garage, it's ideally located and it's one of the larger SCs around. I may buy a hot dog cart and hang around the place on weekends selling food to the Tesla owners at inflated prices using intimidation to get my way.

You would drive to Colorado Springs from Texas? We very much appreciate your travel and tax dollars here in COS but that is quite the dedication to visit a new SC out of state...

Panoz, I've already made the trip to the Springs. I gave the Trinidad SC a workout, and had to charge up at COS using my Mom's dryer socket. Having the SC there will make it a whole lot easier. Going from Amarillo to Trinidad is a stretch going uphill, but the return trip is downhill and quite easy.

Here's my stats....

Well, us locals are trying to stage a "new SC" party when it opens...we'll let everyone know if we discover it's open. If you don't make the opening party, reddy, most certainly tell us when you plan to make the trip and the local EV group will extend a warm welcome.

Reddy has been coming to Colorado Springs and posting his adventures for a long time! Now that we have a local Tesla group, I would bet a bunch of us could come down and welcome you properly. Out-of-state Teslas are VERY WELCOME!! And then you could take us all out to lunch with your oil well money. Do you have a set of longhorns mounted on the front of your Tesla? I have been to Texas and that is what they do with their cars. Mac

NEWS! I ran down there this afternoon, and the superchargers were all lit up! POWER! Woo Hoo! A guy from the supercharger team was there, doing tests. He was driving a blue 70D. I asked if he would be plugging in and he said later today, after more testing. I asked if it would be open later today and he said not to the public. They were shooting for the first of the year.
There you have it guys! A few more days! Did I mention Merry Christmas to all you interested Tesla fans out there? Since Whitchings had to leave for Christmas, I am on the job!! I will be there DAILY until ribbon-cutting. Some of you will be opening your presents, but I will be outstanding in the parking garage, looking for NEWS! I may have to bring my own ribbon to cut. Mac

Attachments

• cs spc 12.22.15.jpg
    cs spc 12.22.15.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 87
NEWS! I ran down there this afternoon, and the superchargers were all lit up! POWER! Woo Hoo! A guy from the supercharger team was there, doing tests. He was driving a blue 70D. I asked if he would be plugging in and he said later today, after more testing. I asked if it would be open later today and he said not to the public. They were shooting for the first of the year.
There you have it guys! A few more days! Did I mention Merry Christmas to all you interested Tesla fans out there? Since Whitchings had to leave for Christmas, I am on the job!! I will be there DAILY until ribbon-cutting. Some of you will be opening your presents, but I will be outstanding in the parking garage, looking for NEWS! I may have to bring my own ribbon to cut. Mac

"Not to the public" _could_ mean "it won't be listed in the car's nav", like the rest of them.