Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if this install crew will head down to Clayton, NM. That location has had a permit for nearly 150 days.

I had a friend move from here to Ridgway aa few months ago so I plan to visit him next summer and it would sure be nice if they built one there.

Didn't take long for this thread to transition from "yay it's open!" to "now if they could just put a supercharger in <insert nearby town>" :)

DGP,
Do we need to set up a gofundme to get you a snow blower, or was that 13 hours using a snow blower? Either way, seems pretty clear a new snow blower is in order... :D

RT
Gravel driveway. Snow blowers really don't like gravel (it jams them and you end up replacing the shear pin). So, I have been doing it the old fashioned way for the last twenty-one years*. I figure that if I can no longer shovel my driveway it is time to move down to Montrose, where they get hardly any snow! Some pictures from 2016:

Driveway looking up1562edsf 2-3-16.jpg
^ Driveway looking up toward road.

Driveway looking down from road1563edsf 2-3-16.jpg
^ Driveway looking down from road; it isn't obvious from the picture, but this part is a 10% grade. Needless to say, I use snow tires on my RWD S-60.

* I listen to audio books while I shovel — makes it more fun!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MitchMitch
After power was turned on Friday, we had an impromptu gathering of the Western Colorado Tesla club at the station. We'll be hoping to have a more formal "opening" in January with the club. I'll also be checking out Craig this week to see if there is any movement that direction with chargers.

Attachments

• F719AE82-243E-4A0E-B19A-C499CEB8E372.jpeg
    F719AE82-243E-4A0E-B19A-C499CEB8E372.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 74
After power was turned on Friday, we had an impromptu gathering of the Western Colorado Tesla club at the station. We'll be hoping to have a more formal "opening" in January with the club. I'll also be checking out Craig this week to see if there is any movement that direction with chargers.

Nice!

Regarding Craig, the Colorado Energy Office site indicates that a CCS/CHAdeMO site is under construction in Craig, but doesn't indicate the exact location:
"As of December 2020...Six additional sites have received permits and have entered the construction phase including Vail, Wheat Ridge, Rifle, Wellington, Granby, and Craig. These locations are anticipated to come online soon."
Electric Vehicle Fast-Charging Corridors | Colorado Energy Office

Given past patterns, I would definitely check at the Kum&Go locations in Craig for either CCS/CHAdeMO or potential supercharger construction... Thanks for scouting!

Montrose has cones in front of most of the chargers right now, but some have been moved aside and the charger seems to be working. Not sure what's going on though. One of the two chargepoints is offline as well.

Attachments

• 16091032453035129001228844183578.jpg
    16091032453035129001228844183578.jpg
    517 KB · Views: 49
Montrose has cones in front of most of the chargers right now, but some have been moved aside and the charger seems to be working. Not sure what's going on though. One of the two chargepoints is offline as well.
I believe that's due to the freshly painted lines.

The ChargePoint stalls have never had both active. It may be that the "Unavailable" stall will become available if the other is in use, but that's a WAG on my part. Perhaps they just forgot to activate that stall when the shipping crate blocking it was removed.

Reactions: colojohn
Tried charging here today and no luck. I tried at least four of the stations and none of them would start charging. I got the Blinky blue light and it said it was starting to charge but it never did. The whole station is showing off line in the onboard app. This is really frustrating as we are on a family road trip and we’re banking on that station being online. Hope they get it fixed before we come back through on Wednesday.

Tried charging here today and no luck. I tried at least four of the stations and none of them would start charging. I got the Blinky blue light and it said it was starting to charge but it never did. The whole station is showing off line in the onboard app. This is really frustrating as we are on a family road trip and we’re banking on that station being online. Hope they get it fixed before we come back through on Wednesday.

One way or another I'm headed through tomorrow so I'll let you know

Hopefully you didn't try 4 from the same cabinet. I'd definitely try at least one from each cabinet.

• Helpful
Reactions: MorrisonHiker