Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alameda, CA (LIVE 15 Dec 2018, 12 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was just repeating what the Mayor of Alameda said at our Supercharger ribbon cutting. But I have always thought the East Bay went from Richmond to Fremont. When you go over the hills you are in that part of the world that gets hot hot hot in the summertime. So I don't go there for 3 months of the year. I guess that's not really the central valley as that's another set of hills to get there. I guess when I lived in Lafayette I called that part of the world Walnut Creek meaning from the bay in Concord down past San Ramon, cause they are not on the bay, ya know?

Sorry to be such an elitist. Your point is well taken.

-Randy
I always refer that area as Tri-valley. Technically they are in the valley not by the bay, so it is on the east side but not quite the East Bay.

This sounds much like the debates we have on our side of the Bay over what is dividing line between the South Bay vs the Peninsula (why isn't it called the West Bay?) , or what is and isn't Silicon Valley.

Oops, there I did it, completely thread off-topic - but Bruce, our moderator, started it!

• Funny
Reactions: bmah
Anyone have issues with 6B (the handicap signed spot) in regard to opening to the charge port? It has happened on a few occasions with my girlfriend's P3 where I press the button on the charger to open the port and it does nothing. Moved the charger closer to the antenna and still nothing. No issues with the port at any other stall.

I have given up tracking that. On my LRM3 I have that all the time, even with the charger that came with the car. I am used to lightly pressing on the door to open it, as I do at J1772 chargers when it doesn't open immediately.

-Randy

Just Wondering if it’s the charger or the antenna, but guess manually opening it isn’t the worst thing in the world
Not sure what you mean by antenna, but it's the cable/handle that is not working right. But yes, opening a chargeport manually is not difficult. I personally wouldn't even bother reporting such a thing but if you want to sit on hold for a while to report it then knock yourself out!

Not sure what you mean by antenna, but it's the cable/handle that is not working right. But yes, opening a chargeport manually is not difficult. I personally wouldn't even bother reporting such a thing but if you want to sit on hold for a while to report it then knock yourself out!
There is an antenna located in the rear glass that the charger communicates with to open the port when you press the button. I do enjoy the elevator music that plays though.

Here's the pic of SuCh'ing with P3D
P3DCharging.JPG

Now that we are on page 12 of this thread I hope everyone is on the 19.12.1.2 update:

IMG_7446.jpg
IMG_7444.jpg

Looks like everyone is charging up for Monday. At least with the new version of the OS, you will spend the least amount of time charging ever. Remember, you are wasting everyone's time if you are Supercharging above 80%

upload_2019-4-14_13-18-58-png.396888

Time lost when Supercharging in the taper zone - Chart

-Randy

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: wyldtek and Dave EV
Happy New Year! Well, the Tesla Supercharger Map has been updated overnight.

Sadly, it looks like the southern Oakland Supercharger that was on the plan last year, has been nixed from future plans. We did, however, get a future Berkeley and El Cerrito Supercharger and we still have the Northern Oakland planned Supercharger. I was just hoping that having a Supercharger located on the two end entrances to Alameda would leave the local one just for us locals. As busy as our charger is you know they are not all coming from Alameda.

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 9.30.04 AM.png

And for those that have been following this thread since the beginning, the AMF Bowling location across the street has been rebranded Bowlero, yikes

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb