Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Alvarado, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife charged here on the way back from San Antonio on Sunder. She stopped at the Waco "Super"charger with 64 miles or range remaining and it began charging at at pathetically slow 20 kW. Even though our car is an older P85+ and there were 7 stalls occupied (i.e. lots of A/B sharing) that is pathetic. She charged up enough to get to this new location and at the same 64 miles of range was pulling down 93 kW...nice to have a backup plan for the oft full Waco location!

My wife charged here on the way back from San Antonio on Sunder. She stopped at the Waco "Super"charger with 64 miles or range remaining and it began charging at at pathetically slow 20 kW. Even though our car is an older P85+ and there were 7 stalls occupied (i.e. lots of A/B sharing) that is pathetic. She charged up enough to get to this new location and at the same 64 miles of range was pulling down 93 kW...nice to have a backup plan for the oft full Waco location!
And the one in Italy is a good alternative to Waco on the way to Dallas.

Stopped here over the weekend, was the only Tesla the whole time. A car rolled up and creep real slow in front of my car and eventually stopped. I thought they were going to jump me or rob me. Left immediately. Don't think I will be coming back here, rather hold out in Waco for a longer charge.

• Informative
Reactions: rafacq
Charged here on 3/12 when traveling from FW back to AUS.

One quirk is that the nav routed me one exit further south then had to backtrack about 1.5 miles to the SC's which are located on the northbound side of the highway. After we finished and headed back south, it was pretty clear that we could have exited at the SC exit and just crossed over the bridge without having to do any illegal maneuvers.

Not sure why the nav thought we could not exit and make a left to cross over to the SC.

Charged here on 3/12 when traveling from FW back to AUS.

One quirk is that the nav routed me one exit further south then had to backtrack about 1.5 miles to the SC's which are located on the northbound side of the highway. After we finished and headed back south, it was pretty clear that we could have exited at the SC exit and just crossed over the bridge without having to do any illegal maneuvers.

Not sure why the nav thought we could not exit and make a left to cross over to the SC.
I've seen that too, a couple years ago. I'm surprised it's still an issue.

Even the one in Waco, coming from north I have seen the Nav directing you to go past take the next exit and take a U turn.

Although in that case it really doesn’t matter. It is probably quicker that way due to lights and traffic.

Yes, the navigation still routes you one exit beyond if you're southbound. I guess they're following the same directions that place the blue restaurant information sign for the Sonic at this location at exit 30.
I can live with that, but this location only charged at ~30KW, which really irritated me since I had left a station that actually charged at the rated 70KW in Ft Worth for this "150KW" one. Maybe just a fluke?

Yes, the navigation still routes you one exit beyond if you're southbound. I guess they're following the same directions that place the blue restaurant information sign for the Sonic at this location at exit 30.
I can live with that, but this location only charged at ~30KW, which really irritated me since I had left a station that actually charged at the rated 70KW in Ft Worth for this "150KW" one. Maybe just a fluke?
I’ve charged fine there. Up to around 130kw.