Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Asheville, NC - 4 South Tunnel Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction is under way on the expansion

Attachments

• D7E47AD9-5E72-4045-8619-BAFF0AE454D8.jpeg
    D7E47AD9-5E72-4045-8619-BAFF0AE454D8.jpeg
    482.9 KB · Views: 131
I stopped by this evening while I was visiting Asheville. The posts are all in, but the fence is still up, so I couldn’t verify if there was a meter yet. 7 sideways back -in stalls, and one oriented the traditional way on the end. I imagine this part of the lot is too small and would be too busy if you were towing a trailer, so the lack of a pull-in makes sense. (There’s at least pull-in , maybe two, in the existing set around the side lot.

These are in the front corner of the Whole Foods section of the parking lot. I turned around and took a picture of the view of Whole Foods from the fence.

3B54DF9B-D823-4C7E-BFBD-4316B12E5A15.jpeg

F2058F4A-8C68-4C0D-BF82-9F0CE67126D9.jpeg

Is this a new location?
"Coming soon" grayed out locations on the Tesla map usually do not give the correct location. Supercharge.info usually adds them when they know the correct location.
The Tesla map shows the new one you're referring to as very near an existing one....like right across the street. This would be very unusual for a town the size of Asheville, but stranger things have happened.
Edit: Looks like @Jeremy3292 beat me by 2 minutes 😀
Well I guess this is one of those examples. Two dots on Tesla.com

1677079054223.png

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
I visited this location on Sunday and was not receiving a good charge rate. Has anyone else experienced the same? Not sure why that would have been the case. I was only getting 70-80kWh. I decided to head back to Charlotte and stopped at Old Fort and received a normal charge rate. Are there good ways to provide this feedback to Tesla too in case they're not looking into the data?

You can't do it online...I hate when companies do this. No good way to get in touch with the company. Companies should be open to feedback because its very possible that something isn't working properly and they're not aware.

1680182410807.png

I visited this location on Sunday and was not receiving a good charge rate. Has anyone else experienced the same? Not sure why that would have been the case. I was only getting 70-80kWh. I decided to head back to Charlotte and stopped at Old Fort and received a normal charge rate. Are there good ways to provide this feedback to Tesla too in case they're not looking into the data?

You can't do it online...I hate when companies do this. No good way to get in touch with the company. Companies should be open to feedback because its very possible that something isn't working properly and they're not aware.

View attachment 923028
You can use the service feature in the app to talk to a service tech. The issue is that there are a lot of variables and most people reporting slow charge rates will not be fully aware of all the potential reasons.

They will be very used to giving stock responses, so it will likely be difficult to get someone to look into it in more depth.

View attachment 923028

For how long had you been driving while navigating to the Supercharger? Did you try another stall?

You can provide feedback on your most recent Supercharging session in the app by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right > Account > Charging > History > Recent Charging Session.

Was it cool outside? What was your SOC? Did the app/car tell you speed was limited due to a cold battery? Many people wake up in a town and think because it's 60f outside that the battery will be warm enough to accept high speeds and that's not nearly warm enough to get max charge speed. You'd need at least 30 minutes of preconditioning even starting with a 60f pack likely, cooler than that you'd need more and that's assuming you drive a dual motor vehicle.

For how long had you been driving while navigating to the Supercharger? Did you try another stall?

You can provide feedback on your most recent Supercharging session in the app by clicking on your profile picture in the upper right > Account > Charging > History > Recent Charging Session.
Good to know. Next time!

There is a possibility my battery wasn't the ideal temperature, but it still seemed like something was off. This was not my first Supercharger experience. I'm one week shy of 5 years of ownership. There was another group there all huddled around an owner on his phone, so my assumption (potentially incorrect) is they were having issues with something too.

Sure it could have been a bit on the cooler side, but it didn't seem to increase while I was plugged in. Wasn't expecting it to shoot up, but to move out of the 70s, sure.

Decided to leave because I had plenty of juice to get to Old Fort and knew that it would charge faster there partially as a result of having less of a charge.

Oh well. I probably won't be going back for quite a while.

Don't know the statistics, but I find I get highest charge rates when I start preconditioning 30+ miles out and battery level when I plug in is less than 20%. That's with my Model 3. My wife's Model S's (current and former) never seem to charge at a very high rate similar to the Model 3.
If I was time constrained on a long trip, I would prefer the Model 3.

Reactions: byeLT4 and jsight
Don't know the statistics, but I find I get highest charge rates when I start preconditioning 30+ miles out and battery level when I plug in is less than 20%. That's with my Model 3. My wife's Model S's (current and former) never seem to charge at a very high rate similar to the Model 3.
If I was time constrained on a long trip, I would prefer the Model 3.
yeah 11-22% is the sweet spot for a 3/Y usually.

View attachment 923028

What was your battery % at when you charged and was the battery pre-conditioned?

I was there in my '23 MY this weekend and got 173 kW @ 33% SoC

1681842841433.png

1681842811410.png

Looks like on 3-15-2023 that I went from 25% to 77% and was between 155 kW and 100 kW for first 10 minutes.

KqlPj05.jpg