Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ashland, OR (LIVE 1 Sep 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was wondering if those tubes will be used as pole stands to hold the Tesla EV Charging Only parking sign, or maybe to hold some post lights?

sutherlin-supercharger-feb-2023i-jpg.912016
Yea, should be 4 light poles

So many chargers, yet nowhere to pull up with a trailer. Come on Tesla, some of us like to tow.
Yeah, but this site isn't big enough for that. It would need to have a central island so you can turn around in the lot. The site is nowhere near wide enough for that. You'd need almost double the width to turn around with cars charging on each side. Tesla is limited by the land their charging partners provide.

Dang. I'll be spending the night Saturday in Ashland, but looks like I'll be charging up in Medford so I can get start on Sunday.
Next trip (Ashland is our overnight on regular trips Seattle to Bay Area).
The Plaza hotel in Ashland has destination chargers on the lower level of the parking garage, though depending on what vehicle your driving it's a bit tight getting down to them. I took my Model X down and honestly was wondering if I would need baby oil and a shoe horn to get back out. A model 3 would be fine but I won't take the X back down there.

• Funny
Reactions: Polly Wog
There are free L2 chargers in the parking lot next to Pony Espresso in downtown Ashland. (Consider turning down your car's charge current. One of those chargers melted a J1772 adaptor.)

Q. Is that a new Taco Bell and Subway next to the new Ashland supercharger, or is that photo from another supercharger location?

There are free L2 chargers in the parking lot next to Pony Espresso in downtown Ashland. (Consider turning down your car's charge current. One of those chargers melted a J1772 adaptor.)

Q. Is that a new Taco Bell and Subway next to the new Ashland supercharger, or is that photo from another supercharger location?
I believe that's the Sutherlin location.

The Plaza hotel in Ashland has destination chargers on the lower level of the parking garage, though depending on what vehicle your driving it's a bit tight getting down to them. I took my Model X down and honestly was wondering if I would need baby oil and a shoe horn to get back out. A model 3 would be fine but I won't take the X back down there.
Same with our Model S. It’s a very tight fit.

Reactions: Avatempest
Yeah, but this site isn't big enough for that. It would need to have a central island so you can turn around in the lot. The site is nowhere near wide enough for that. You'd need almost double the width to turn around with cars charging on each side. Tesla is limited by the land their charging partners provide.
Generally I agree, though it looks like they could have managed a couple of pull-through spots if they could have gotten an agreement in place to connect to the adjacent lot.

Generally I agree, though it looks like they could have managed a couple of pull-through spots if they could have gotten an agreement in place to connect to the adjacent lot.
Topography doesnt look good for pull throughs to a neighboring site and Tesla only has an agreement with the landowner of the site. Not neighbors. I doubt other property owners would want to grant easements to Tesla. I don’t think Tesla is worried about towing right now. They know how many M3 and MY they are putting on the roads RIGHT NOW and they are focusing on charging for those, not for CT in the FUTURE.

The last photo posted in this thread is of another Supercharger. The last update photos as of April 3rd doesn't even have the lot paved - far from being done.
Doh! (forehead slap) that photo was Sutherlin. Still seems like Ashland should be open before q4.

Edit: Yes, I know sometimes it takes a while for sites to open. I got caught by the Castlegar BC saga.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV
Here are a couple of shots from yesterday. Indeed, no pavement yet.

They're kind of hiding behind the chargers, but you can see six cabinets in two rows of three in the lower shot.

Curiously, I only count eleven chargers in the upper shot. I didn't notice when I was on site. Maybe it's just outside the frame in an extra-wide handicap spot. Anyway, sorry for the poor photo if I just missed it.

I didn't see a transformer. But this is a ton of progress since I was last there!
2023-04-15 11-50-09.jpg
2023-04-15 11-50-04.jpg