Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Auburn MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some photos shared on Facebook today…. Looks like all eight expansion posts are up. Not sure how much additional work is needed. I would still assume a site outage may be required to replace the transformer.

IMG_1340.jpeg
IMG_1341.jpeg

Heads up.

Currently shown as Temporary Closure in my Nav and App this morning.
Temp closure has been expected and almost certainly means work to replace the transformer has begun (required to supply more power for the expanded site). Depending on how much time the utility takes to complete their work and any inspections the site could be down for days to possibly weeks. I'm not sure if Tesla will need to visit the site to re-enable the original V2's before they come back online, or if that's only required for the commissioning of the V3 expansion.

Reactions: Chewy13 and kayak1
Would anyone in the area or passing by mind checking out current site status and perhaps sharing some photos? Interested to learn if there is a new transformer in place yet, meter in place and if so is it energized? If any of that is missing, are there any trenches between nearby poles and the transformer or from the transformer to the supercharger equipment still being worked on? This info will give us a sense as to how much more work may remain and when the site may reopen.

Beyond making customers happy, Tesla may (or may not) be trying to get this site back online before the end of September and quarter-end.

What's the condition of that mall these days? The last time I was there, perhaps 2 years or so ago, the mall looked like it was on the brink of failure, with few large stores and limited services. As I recall, there was not a great selection of places to eat or wait while the car charges....I hope it is better now.

It would be nice for these to be live soon. I feel like they've been in place for ages at this point. Really a shame that this is the only supercharger for the Worcester area. Driving to south bridge isn't realistic unless you're already going that way. For the second largest city in New England to have 8 stalls 10 miles from the city is so silly. Framingham even has 3 sites, but Worcester has none.