Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, San Antonio, Ft. Stockton and Lubbock would make Texas truly complete.... After that, I'm hoping for Fredericksburg as a bonus. Temple would be great as well.... or something along SH-130.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryW
Hit the nail right there. Temple would be awesome for everybody who commutes to the hospitals there (I'm one of them). Could have forgone the 14-50 before my referral elon HPWC ships in "january".

Just make sure they install it conveniently to Scott and White... and not some outpost near lake Belton... that hospital needs an RV hookup for the Texas folk.

Too few of us at SW to lobby for even a couple of ordinary 14-30s even...
Who thinks the holdup is Tesla is just waiting until Thursday to announce the next generation of chargers? Could this be them? :^) Tesla Superdupercharger!

Hmmmmm, the supercharger in Austin had a different heft to it, but I'm thinking was just lighter because it didn't have all the heavy electrons in it. :)

Too few of us at SW to lobby for even a couple of ordinary 14-30s even...
I must say, if it's me, I'm looking to walk in to the MRI suite with some breakfast tacos for security guard and the nurse that will allow you to hook into a nice big plug with a nice big extension cord... Surely you can pull this off by adding another Tesla to the MRI? See what I did there? :) Either that or the cafeteria.... Let me know what crazy scheme you end up figuring out and what the bail is set at...

Thank you! I just moved to Austin in the arboretum area. I charge either at Whole Foods at the domain or in the parking garages there. There’s like 10 chargers in each the red and blue garage :)
Those chargers are awful in the blue garage and there’s 14 of them. I’m lucky to get 2.5kW. Starts out at 22A instead of 30A because the cables are *sugar*. Then drops to 13A lately and sometimes down to 9A without anyone using the 2nd plug. They are damn near worthless.

Those chargers are awful in the blue garage and there’s 14 of them. I’m lucky to get 2.5kW. Starts out at 22A instead of 30A because the cables are *sugar*. Then drops to 13A lately and sometimes down to 9A without anyone using the 2nd plug. They are damn near worthless.

True - they are slow as *sugar*. This is a situation of quantity vs quality. At least there’s a lot of them lol. At least the ones in whole foods works great, when there’s no asshole ICE drivers parking there or EV drivers who park and don’t charge!

I must say, if it's me, I'm looking to walk in to the MRI suite with some breakfast tacos for security guard and the nurse that will allow you to hook into a nice big plug with a nice big extension cord... Surely you can pull this off by adding another Tesla to the MRI? See what I did there? :) Either that or the cafeteria.... Let me know what crazy scheme you end up figuring out and what the bail is set at...

hahaha but it would pull so much more power at 4T

Don't forget Temple rejected a supercharger in 2013, that's why Waco was built. With Waco and Austin superchargers, it wouldn't make sense to have one in Temple now. BaylorScott&White travel should be serviced by level 2 charging stations if it's needed at all (round trip from Austin can be done easily without charging in Temple even for a 60). I'm finishing a locum tenens here and tried to interest a few of the hotels in the Tesla destination charging program. None were interested. I plug into a 5-20 outlet at the Holiday Inn Express when I stay overnight.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic of the Austin supercharger.

iceholed!

Not much for updates. Porta potty and nearby construction. Saw a guy yesterday inspecting the cabinets. It all appears ready but no power for SCs or Clipper.

Attachments

• 0FD0914A-639B-44A8-84B7-78F77B46068C.jpeg
    0FD0914A-639B-44A8-84B7-78F77B46068C.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 92