Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'll call it a miracle if it is operational by Thursday. My backup plan is to use DC at Home2 (Round Rock) overnight. There's a number of L2 chargers around on PlugShare, I will figure something out.

I will be in Austin on business this weekend. I have a CHADMO adapter and I have used the Electric Avenue DC quick charger several times. It’s about 75-80% the speed of a Supercharger. Message me if you want to borrow my adapter.

I do a weekly trip from Dallas to Austin (Lakeway). Right now i am bringing my MDX even though i don't want to as i cannot go back to waco without stopping at a restaurant with wall charger for a few hours. So i'm looking forward to the opening of this supercharger. Even though this will add about an hour to my commute, it is still worth to drive my Model S. Please keep us posted when this will open.

A big Thank you to all the local guys who are going there and reporting the progress. Your efforts are well appreciated.

Reactions: Missile Toad
Just came back from Round Rock. Home2 is a great place to stay, very modern. The staff is very friendly and helpful. There are 2 HPWCs behind the hotel, charged steadily at 40 A and 212 V.

In-car estimates were spot on and i had to stop in Waco for about 15 mins on the way to RR and less than 10 on the way back, reaching Denton with 23% despite going over 75 mph most of the way.

I will be visiting Austin early in December, hopefully the SC will be opened by then ;)

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Reactions: brkaus
The meter is in!
P1290577.JPG

After the electric company is ok with it, a Tesla tech comes out to put the numbers on the stalls and do whatever needs to be done to activate it. Unless you see numbers on the stalls, it's not operational.
Roger that. I watched a tech finish the activation process last year. They'll use a Model S from the service center/gallery to test it. If it passes, numbers go on the bollard bases, bolt/screw covers go on the uncovered fasteners on the backs of the bollards, and you'll see the red "Tesla" on the bollards lit at night. The tech said it usually takes at least 24 hours before the site shows up on Nav. Occasionally the delay is longer (an example is Laramie) if there are issues that need to be resolved.

You've had a long wait. Good luck!