Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Austin, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don't forget Temple rejected a supercharger in 2013, that's why Waco was built. With Waco and Austin superchargers, it wouldn't make sense to have one in Temple now. BaylorScott&White travel should be serviced by level 2 charging stations if it's needed at all (round trip from Austin can be done easily without charging in Temple even for a 60). I'm finishing a locum tenens here and tried to interest a few of the hotels in the Tesla destination charging program. None were interested. I plug into a 5-20 outlet at the Holiday Inn Express when I stay overnight.

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic of the Austin supercharger.

I love how the locum tenens doctor is seriously getting a buzz kill in this thread by imagining commuting to Temple one more time while on call. I will say one more thing about SC location around Austin... a SC in Temple would be great at reducing the traffic at the Austin supercharger which is going to suck if someone rolls into it at 415 pm on a weekday. They certainly will nail down the I-35 corridor if they can get the next locations in quickly... we would not see nearly as many folks at the stalls in Austin if they do that, but I agree, so to stay on topic, I will say Austin location will be best served by Georgetown or Roundrock near SH-130 ... IT will make people go around I-35 from San Marcos or San Antonio during rush hour...

i'll be passing through there on my way from boulder, co on sunday. does the gallery have an outside charger that i can use to get me to columbus?
There are HPWC set up in the garage there, availability is hit or miss, as many of them are in use by the demo vehicles. That said I'd bet someone from the gallery would be willing to move a car to let you use it.

• Helpful
Reactions: candersoh
I’ve had luck with pond springs charger on side of service center on sundays and is less trafficked but less fun to walk around than the domain.
They do at least have a reasonably nice waiting with coffee if that's your thing. Where are the chargers though? I've been there several times and the only chargers I've seen are inside the garage where they're working.

Loosely related, it's kind of amusing that the aerial view is so much older than the street view at that location that half of the building magically appears when you move from satellite to street.

They do at least have a reasonably nice waiting with coffee if that's your thing. Where are the chargers though? I've been there several times and the only chargers I've seen are inside the garage where they're working.

Loosely related, it's kind of amusing that the aerial view is so much older than the street view at that location that half of the building magically appears when you move from satellite to street.
Sunday they close but in the side near the back are two chargers... good luck!

• Informative
Reactions: thenaimis
Chargers still dark and this is going on

Attachments

• 08C0D7BE-133A-4289-9DC6-25AE37751BD8.jpeg
    08C0D7BE-133A-4289-9DC6-25AE37751BD8.jpeg
    486.3 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: CarlS