Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baie-Saint-Paul QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who here can confirm that the Base Saint Paul, Quebec supercharger has opened? I've seen a picture of it on plugshare just now. We are going for a ski trip around that area over the Christmas holidays and just want to know if it has opened. Thanks!

Nice to see but it seems to be in an area with little use.
It’s out of the way for anyone going from Quebec City to Chicoutimi unless you take an indirect route to Baie St. Paul and in the Winter, would make no sense.. A SC in Chicoutimi would have been better. There is one slated there for 2018 though.

It’s out of the way for anyone going from Quebec City to Chicoutimi unless you take an indirect route to Baie St. Paul and in the Winter, would make no sense.. A SC in Chicoutimi would have been better. There is one slated there for 2018 though.
And you say that my comments are useless! Chicoutimi is useless unless there is a Supercharger in l'Etape!

It's useful for anyone going to Tadoussac for whale watching (been 3 times already, always fun!) from Québec.
Québec - Tadoussac: 216km (432km return)
Baie-St-Paul - Tadoussac: 122km (244km return)

There's quite a lot of tourists during summer-autumn in Tadoussac.

Not that easily. You are probably just considering the distance. Look it this way in winter: Maybe look at the detours -15km, the heating -50km, stopping for a coffee break at l'étape might be nice -10km. That makes more or less 300 km and these views seem pretty optimistic. For guys like us with a 70D, I wouldn't be so sure.

Not that easily. You are probably just considering the distance. Look it this way in winter: Maybe look at the detours -15km, the heating -50km, stopping for a coffee break at l'étape might be nice -10km. That makes more or less 300 km and these views seem pretty optimistic. For guys like us with a 70D, I wouldn't be so sure.
OK, I guess some people want more of a safety margin than I do. I generally assume I can do 300km (actual distance) safely in winter in an 85, which would be about 245km in a 70. Anyway, more superchargers are always good - I was just saying that a SC in Chicoutimi isn't useless without one in l'Etape, particularly for people with bigger batteries or who are OK with a smaller safety margin or a Chademo top-up in l'Etape.

Well at least now we know that the BSP Supercharger has been used at least once. It wasn't me.
IMG_2032.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric