Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bakersfield, CA - Camino Del Rio Ct (LIVE 22 Dec 2023, 20 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Crazy that it's so busy on day 1. Wonder where those people were charging before?

Tesla really needs a charger on HWY 58 east of Bakersfield before you head up the mountain...maybe at the intersection of East Bear Boulevard Mountain road. Google Maps

Tesla has a permit for a charger in Tehachapi, but it seems odd to put it at the top of the mountain when you have Mojave just on the other side. You lose 4,000' going west out of Tehachapi and can get from Tehachapi to Bakersfield on 5-10% due to the elevation loss.

Crazy that it's so busy on day 1. Wonder where those people were charging before?

Tesla really needs a charger on HWY 58 east of Bakersfield before you head up the mountain...maybe at the intersection of East Bear Boulevard Mountain road. Google Maps

Tesla has a permit for a charger in Tehachapi, but it seems odd to put it at the top of the mountain when you have Mojave just on the other side. You lose 4,000' going west out of Tehachapi and can get from Tehachapi to Bakersfield on 5-10% due to the elevation loss.

There's something in the works there but we'll have to start a new thread for that at some point.
As @1100MCM mentioned, no permits yet but something is brewing near Edison. Once the plans hit the Kern County site, you'll see a new thread. Coincidentally, Tesla is working on a $13mil project at Lost Hills so they will be busy in Kern County for a while.

Reactions: 1100MCM
I stopped here to charge up on the way to Hanford on January 26th. I was actually not too pleased that they put the SC's across the street from the restaurants other than Black Angus. The chargers were very busy, even though it was just a Thursday evening. Four of the stalls closer to Black Angus were down - unlit and charging cords wrapped around. Lots of cars came to use them, realized they were down, then moved to one of the few remaining open stalls. I sat there about 25 minutes, and several times all stalls were full. Could certainly have used the ones that were down, but at least the ones that were up were giving a full 250kwh.

I stopped here to charge up on the way to Hanford on January 26th. I was actually not too pleased that they put the SC's across the street from the restaurants other than Black Angus. The chargers were very busy, even though it was just a Thursday evening. Four of the stalls closer to Black Angus were down - unlit and charging cords wrapped around. Lots of cars came to use them, realized they were down, then moved to one of the few remaining open stalls. I sat there about 25 minutes, and several times all stalls were full. Could certainly have used the ones that were down, but at least the ones that were up were giving a full 250kwh.
What exactly were you not pleased about?

Do we know what kind of project in lost hills? Is it adjacent to the recently opened superchargers there?

Across freeway to the east. 113 acres. $13 million.