Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bangor, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of photos today courtesy of @PLUS EV who was passing through the region. Looks like the site is likely done aside from stirping and perhaps some cleanup, awaiting utility work - transformer & meter.

signal-2023-10-30-133550_002.jpeg
signal-2023-10-30-133550_003.jpeg

The initial post indicated that this location would possibly host V4 units. Does anyone have further insight/knowldege of what is actually installed, or do we have to wait until the units are unwrapped?
It looks like V3 to me. In the second photo posted earlier today, it looks like a small bit of the second and third unit are peeking out from under the wrapper. The V4 are black on the bottom, while these appear white/silver.

[edit] I looked at some of the earlier photos in this thread and they are definitely V3

I hope we start to see V3 installations taper off soon now that they’ve opened a few global V4 sites.

Last edited:
You can hope, but I'd think there won't be. Bangor has a 125kW shared CCS pair at the Irving at the I-95/I-395 exit (182) and will be getting NEVI chargers at exit 186. There are also some chargers at dealers off Exit 187, so Magic Dock wouldn't be filling much of a hole for long.
Thanks! The current CCS story isn't great. I've charged at 182. Those NEVI chargers at 186 will be useful.

Thanks! The current CCS story isn't great. I've charged at 182. Those NEVI chargers at 186 will be useful.
Actually, for Phase 6 (NEVI Phase 2) Efficiency Maine updated (twice) to ask for 2 in the Bangor Area instead of just 1 in Hermon. 1 locations 180 (Dysarts) to 182 (I-395) and 1 location 182 to 187 (Bangor proper) so I now wonder if that 186 one by Shell (Equilon is Shell) at the Shell gas station was canceled. Maybe Tesla can get NEVI money to replace these with V4 chargers with Magic Dock.

EDIT:
Phase V info on that page mentions 7 locations, but now only lists 6, with the Bangor location missing.

Last edited:
Not much change this week. View attachment 989310
It looks like the cables are new this week. I think those are both load-side and utility feed, but am not sure. 'Ready for the transformer then cut the lines to length for hookup?

Edited to add: I can't tell if the hookup was done to the utility pole on School St. If nothing else, I'm in the area tomorrow night and will look at the utility pole nearby. The presence of these cables suggests that the utility cables were pulled to the base of the pole at least.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1 and Gwgan
It looks like the cables are new this week. I think those are both load-side and utility feed, but am not sure. 'Ready for the transformer then cut the lines to length for hookup?

Edited to add: I can't tell if the hookup was done to the utility pole on School St. If nothing else, I'm in the area tomorrow night and will look at the utility pole nearby. The presence of these cables suggests that the utility cables were pulled to the base of the pole at least.

I was in Bangor this evening. I forgot to check the utility pole.

I did note that the post has the meter box. Other photos here may have obscured it behind one of the yellow bollards.

I took photos of the drive thru window and the front of the stores, just to show that it looks like a lot of the external work is done. So, even if the Supercharger won't open until after the Starbucks opens, it shouldn't hold them up too much.

20231111_183320.jpg20231111_183159.jpg20231111_183049.jpg20231111_183032.jpg

(The portrait photo shows the light pole is in place.)

Paving and striping are complete. Note that the bollards are offset, which could be a problem for those of us who are used to centering the bollard as we back up to charge. Also note that one of the spots is handicap accessable only. Next to it, one of the chargers is located behind the no parking area designated for the handicap spot. And there are no drive through or other trailer/bike rack options.

1700423769093.png

Just been there in the dark, no obvious changes.

Also, I got a reminder of the suckitude of CCS. Ended up bailing for a quick top up charge on the way home, but neither of the pair of chargers was working. Such a n00b mistake to not check ahead. I could have charged earlier had I known. Fortunately, I was able to get off the Interstate and drive at a lower speed and got home with a relatively comfortable 7% left.

I stopped by tonight on my way back from Houlton.

I couldn't see any change from my previous visit or any of the later pictures. Cabling is still missing from the utility pole and nothing new has happened on the pad because there's no transformer yet.

The Starbucks exterior doesn't look much changed either, but I have to think there's been progress inside.