Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bangor, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1000000545.jpg

1000000547.jpg

Nope! But the transformer is humming!

21 ft Safari Condo travel trailer.

If it doesn't fit, onward to Brewer - trailer friendly, but several miles out of the way.
It will be some time before this Supercharger is busy I would think so for now, you'd probably get away with pulling in the long way and staying hitched. I often have a cargo platform on the back of my Y and pull in the long way in Medway all the time rather than carefully backing the cargo box and threading it between/against the bollards and charger stands. Though Waterville has a pull-in stall, I often have Waterville to myself as well and could likewise pull in sideways without blocking anybody if I had to.

It will be some time before this Supercharger is busy I would think so for now, depending on the time of day, you could probably get away with pulling in the long way and staying hitched. I often have a cargo platform on the back of my Y and pull in the long way in Medway all the time rather than carefully backing the cargo box and threading it between/against the bollards and charger stands. Though Waterville has a pull-in stall, I often have Waterville to myself as well and could likewise pull in sideways without blocking anybody (or even be seen by another Tesla driver) if I had to. If you're so long, however, that you block more than half the stalls, it might not be a good look, so maybe not.

You should be able to pull in and charge without having to unhitch. I drive by this location once or twice daily and I have only seen one car charging since it became active. Early on there were also a couple of contractor vehicles, but yesterday they were gone. The stores are not yet occupied, so you won't have to deal with shopper's vehicles. You can pull in, hook up and when you are done, drive out through the adjacent parking area without having to back up. Note that the lot was plowed after the earlier storm, but I don't know if it has been cleared since yesterday's. Let us know how it went.

21 ft Safari Condo travel trailer.

If it doesn't fit, onward to Brewer - trailer friendly, but several miles out of the way.

Even if when these opens and gets busy, I think the lot across the road might not be so busy, so for I-95 travel overall, you might still be better off unhitching, and getting faster charging and avoiding the extra miles. Could depend on traffic in the area.

Used this towards the end of January, but I was capped to 60kw. Anyone else have this issue? Speeds were fine at other chargers so I know its not my car being limited. Although I was nervous because I'm right at 90k miles haha.
I used it on Sunday. Produced 240KW after arriving with 17% immediately after a high speed drive from Waterville. Pre-conditioning actived upon leaving Waterville. One other car charging at the same time, but it was unoccupied so don't know if they had similar results.