Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bangor, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20231216_190122843.jpg
PXL_20231216_190147525.jpg
PXL_20231216_190209011.jpg

That doesn't look like it will be long at all. If the utility got that far on the transformer and pad wiring this past week, I would imagine they are only one more visit away from connecting the pole feed and maybe the meter. That and I don't see why the hardware would be unwrapped unless Tesla was expecting power soon.

That doesn't look like it will be long at all. If the utility got that far on the transformer and pad wiring this past week, I would imagine they are only one more visit away from connecting the pole feed and maybe the meter. That and I don't see why the hardware would be unwrapped unless Tesla was expecting power soon.

Could depend whether they're only planning to be powered up when the host is ready.
I don't know if the lot will be fully plowed through winter before the host is open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmer
Maybe? I think they have restrictions on the number of hours they can work in a day - at least the supercharger maintenance team does. I’d think the team would stay up there until done if it’s ready for commissioning. Could just hotel until Monday though. We’ll see.

They may have been working Brewer past 9pm as this was the site status at 8:55pm:
IMG_4343.jpeg

Maybe? I think they have restrictions on the number of hours they can work in a day - at least the supercharger maintenance team does. I’d think the team would stay up there until done if it’s ready for commissioning. Could just hotel until Monday though. We’ll see.

They may have been working Brewer past 9pm as this was the site status at 8:55pm:View attachment 1006468
A little snow forecast for Sunday. And there's a storm coming Tuesday night/Wednesday, with high winds and snow to rain, so could be bad for outages.
Hopefully though the previous storm means that many of the bad trees and power poles are already down.

So maybe they can get it powered up, power will go down, and then it'll come back and sit hardly used until spring.

• Informative
Reactions: kayak1
No power as of Saturday 11am, I checked. Spectrum (cable) was there inspecting the pole.

The stalls are aligned with the middle of the parking slot. Is that for the non-Teslas? Longer thinner cables, no magic dock.
From previous photos, those are regular v3 charging posts. Near-center alignment is presumed to enable future v3 post replacement with v4 posts. MagicDock is also an interim possibility, although probably less likely given v4 posts have started appearing.

From previous photos, those are regular v3 charging posts. Near-center alignment is presumed to enable future v3 post replacement with v4 posts. MagicDock is also an interim possibility, although probably less likely given v4 posts have started appearing.

Also, there are pairs of CCS south and north ends of Bangor, plus there are NEVI Phase 2 spots open for Hermon and Bangor. So, probably not much point aggressively pursuing CCS with Magic Dock.