Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Baton Rouge, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check out this concept image from the Shopping Center's FaceBook page.
RedStick.jpg

Rick

Is this the first time we have had a quote from someone in Tesla about the SC spacing?
There was mention early on when superchargers were announced that said about 150 mile spacing, then I remember seeing a 130 mile spacing goal somewhere. 160 is higher than I've ever seen mentioned, and certainly farther apart than most superchargers have been placed. It's not practical for a 60 at highway speeds (at least not Texas highway speeds).

Lake Charles-Baton Rouge-Slidell-Moble-DeFuniak Springs are all 90-130 miles apart.

Maybe she is averaging in the 215 miles from Columbus to Lake Charles? Just kidding.

Last edited:
I've stopped at the BR Supercharger three times in the last four days - it has really opened things up for the NOLA owners. Was able to drive to Natchitoches, LA (260 miles from NOLA) , for a meeting yesterday, then charged there overnight & returned to NOLA today with a quick supercharge in BR. Tomorrow I'm headed to Houston with supercharge stops in Baton Rouge and Lake Charles, a trip not possible before the opening of Lake Charles, and barely possible then. I arrived today in BR today from Natchitoches, after 185 miles of driving, mostly @75 mph on I-49, with 45 rated range miles left, so once plugged in the supercharge was extremely fast initially - as shown in this photo I was getting as much as 372 miles/hr, which gradually slowed down as the battery filled up. Of course this is all old hat for most, but for this Gulf Coast Supercharging newbie, there's a lot to learn & figure out!
IMG_1761[1].JPG

I arrived today in BR today from Natchitoches, after 185 miles of driving, mostly @75 mph on I-49, with 45 rated range miles left, so once plugged in the supercharge was extremely fast initially - as shown in this photo I was getting as much as 372 miles/hr, which gradually slowed down as the battery filled up. Of course this is all old hat for most, but for this Gulf Coast Supercharging newbie, there's a lot to learn & figure out!
View attachment 70460
As a supercharger newbie it's important for you to know that the charging rate in mi/hr is the average rate so far during the session, not the instantaneous rate. So once the taper starts you're always getting less at that moment than what the rate displays. The volts and amps on the right are instantaneous, multiply them for your kW charging rate.

I have to get to Gretna from Houston; how bad is traffic going to be looking at in NOLA on I-10 around 11pm... i plan on leaving around 5pm from Houston and should be in the area around 11pm.

When are you making the trip? This is Mardis Gras week (ending next Tuesday) so things a little different right now. Under normal conditions there would be no traffic to speak of around 11 PM unless there was some unforeseen accident.