Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mt. Hope, WV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pipestem or Hawks Nest state parks? The WV state park system has installed destination chargers at most of their lodges.

While that is great most of the lodges are a bit off the main travel roads. I was hoping for a place to stop for a lunch or dinner and pick up a nice 60 miles. If you do go by Days Hotel at Flatwoods please stop to tell them they would be a great location for destination chargers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Country Roads
5C05F077-E844-4FC4-8096-4701E8D1391D.jpeg
CCA72821-735C-43D9-AD34-D2C8B179CCC5.jpeg
4CA87384-8A2E-4D9C-B7BD-34793828B68D.jpeg
So we stopped on our way through heading from Wytheville to Weston. Looks complete including transformer and meter. No power, not even to the meter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thinkje and Acps110
dang. I leave in 36 hours.

I think weston to wytheville is doable on a 90 kwh battery. My range is 257 and I think it's 220 miles or so. Gonna be a bit tense. Hope we don't need to run the heat!
It’s 186 miles taking 19 which is the route you want. I charged to 240 in our S 85 in Wytheville. I kept it to 70 for most of the trip except where limits were lower. Arrived in Weston with 28 left. Outside temperature was about 48 degrees. We kept the normal heat on set at 70.

Will do! I will say, SO many have come online making my trip back to Toronto possible in just 2 years. Pretty cool. And I'm from NB, and 95 is all lit up for me now too - with Bangor online. Things have changed quickly. In addition to Beckley, I'd sure love to see Sherway online for the holidays too - but that might be pushing it.

Depending on temps, winds and car load, I expect 175 Rated miles or more heading north. 150 or more heading south. This is from EV Trip Planner. My RM is only about 230 now with some battery degradation, so it is tight for sure, but not worrisome unless it gets very, very cold. (like, below 5F)

Hey there! I have a 75D and would be very interested in your energy usage on the Charlotte to Wytheville stretch. Once Beckley is online that's the only part of the trip that makes me a little anxious.

Thats just a 130 ish miles. Thats nothing for a 75D if you're fully charged. If it were summer I'd say you just need a 70% charge but since its winter time and some hills, I feel you should be fine with a 100% SOC. I haven't done that stretch ever but based on my experience I'm saying so. Take it for what its worth.

Thats just a 130 ish miles. Thats nothing for a 75D if you're fully charged. If it were summer I'd say you just need a 70% charge but since its winter time and some hills, I feel you should be fine with a 100% SOC. I haven't done that stretch ever but based on my experience I'm saying so. Take it for what its worth.

Google says 152 miles from my friend's place outside Charlotte to Wytheville. Going south, you have a beautiful view off what feels like a cliff face of the Carolina plains. Heading north, you're climbing that cliff, which is what I'm most curious about. I agree, in warm weather a range charge should do it, no questions asked. In cooler weather, I'm happy to let someone else trail blaze for me. ;-)