Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bishop CA - Rocking West Drive (LIVE 22 Sep 2023, 24 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
PXL_20230926_203852431.jpgPXL_20230926_203848436.jpgPXL_20230926_203844004.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230926_203918739.jpg
    PXL_20230926_203918739.jpg
    547 KB · Views: 112
This site looks great but is not very functional. We visited it three times this week, coming in at 30 to 40% charge. The first time we got 250Kw as supposed to be. The second we got 150. The third time we got one connection that was offline and two others that were 72. The other site in the middle of town gave us 150 while supposedly being 250. At all these times there were no other cars or one other.
Today we wound up just taking enough to get to Lone Pine where there are also a lot of chargers and for us reliably giving 250.

The layout of the rocking west chargers is also strange. The the lateral space between them is such that I suspect that the cybertruck will have issues fitting. Way narrower than say Mammoth which has pull throughs.
Also in a given line of a pair of superchargers they are so close that the only way to get two vehicles in that line is back to back.

A hint for those who visit is that one can access the stores in the shopping center through a walkway between the two buildings. It is almost in line with the southern border of the parking lot with the superchargers. I note this after we watched two parties try to go around the building to the far right where there is no opening.

All in all the strangest and worst performing supercharger site that we have hit in our many miles of travels in the West.

I have made the trip from West LA to the in-town Bishop SC, in not freezing temperatures, with only a couple of miles left. I would much rather make this one, as I can walk to Meadow Farms for a double bacon breakfast burrito (don't judge). I could probably make it under ideal conditions.
I am heading up January, but with 3 adults when it will be colder. Maybe I'll charge for 5 minutes in LP to get me here.

Thinking of a road trip from SoCal to Vancouver, through the mountain pass, in Oct/Nov. Hopefully it’ll be operational by then.
My wish came true and I am planning a trip from in June northbound through this town, but where can I use the restroom for free, Big 5? May be arriving late; ~8 to 10pm. I don't mind spending a bit of $$, if it's just a drink, snack, etc.