Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Bloomington, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I agree. The other Fresh Thyme location on the east side of Bloomington is a bit further off I69...its at least a 10 minute drive off of the interstate.
Yes. And the permit that ClearBraIndy posted definitely noted West 3rd St on the permit. Definitely a good location for those traveling I-69 and not far from anyone visiting IU or any other business in town.

Yes. And the permit that ClearBraIndy posted definitely noted West 3rd St on the permit. Definitely a good location for those traveling I-69 and not far from anyone visiting IU or any other business in town.

I noticed it said west 3rd...that location makes the most sense imo.

the east side location would be a better location from "do something while the car charges" perspective imo bc it's connected to the shopping mall, has more eating/dining choices, and is more walkable. And I'm generally on the east side more than the west :) but I'm extremely cool that's it's on the west side. I'm just happy Bloomington is finally on the road toward getting a supercharger.

Permit photo. @mociaf9, is this good enough for a dot in your opinion
View attachment 481654
Sure. It'd be nice if there was something in the permit record that pointed to superchargers specifically, instead of just generic "charging station". But, with possible confirmation originally coming from @ClearBraIndy that they know or heard from a reliable source it was a supercharger, I don't think that's a big deal.

Sure. It'd be nice if there was something in the permit record that pointed to superchargers specifically, instead of just generic "charging station". But, with possible confirmation originally coming from @ClearBraIndy that they know or heard from a reliable source it was a supercharger, I don't think that's a big deal.

Also:
1) It follows other activity in Indiana
2) Is in a city indicated as a 2019 location
3) Is at a supermarket of a company closely linked to Tesla-friendly Meijer.
4) It makes the Supercharge.info map look better.

Looks like construction of Superchargers have begun. They are the east side of the Fresh Thyme building.
133A6C2D-17E8-4695-8476-35F715F1D3AD.jpeg
BB7AB7E5-1076-4C7C-89E1-D1E3131B5EE6.jpeg
4789AF9D-F3A0-4584-9AE4-3957FA68DC3C.jpeg

Elberfeld per the map. Although there is *nothing* in Elberfeld. I can't figure out where they would put it there. I still think maybe Meijer in Evansville.
It will most certainly go at one of the truck stops in Haubstadt, hopefully the Love's. In fact, if I were in the area, I would go scout them now. Based on the Bloomington activity, there could be construction going on there as well.

Evansville is far too big a diversion for I-64 traffic.

Reactions: otter
Elberfeld per the map. Although there is *nothing* in Elberfeld. I can't figure out where they would put it there. I still think maybe Meijer in Evansville.

I think they meant they'd like something near the I-69/I-64 intersection. Elberfeld, IN doesn't have an exit right by it.

Closest thing to I-64/I-69 is a minimart near I-69 exit 22.

So, if any Tesla owner happens to be local to that area, persuading the minimart to contact Tesla could be useful.

It will most certainly go at one of the truck stops in Haubstadt, hopefully the Love's. In fact, if I were in the area, I would go scout them now. Based on the Bloomington activity, there could be construction going on there as well.

Evansville is far too big a diversion for I-64 traffic.

Apart from that 1 mini-mart it looks like there's nothing of note close to the I-64/I-69 intersection, so Tesla might cut their losses and put in separate locations.

Bloomington, IN

Along Primary Interstates: I-69
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-69

To: Indianapolis, IN - 51.3 miles
Diversion: 1.2 miles
To: Fort Wayne, IN - 178.1 miles

Further fills out the Supercharger network in Indiana, helping to build along I-69 and enabling trips between Evansville, IN and Indianapolis, IN.

* I-69 is planned to pass by Nacogdoches, TX. A lot of I-69 is unbuilt, so the 839 miles from Nacogdoches, TX runs along other Interstates.

I’m not talking about the exit with the mini mart. I’m talking about an exit on I-64 a few miles west of the interchange. It’s only a 7 minute diversion for I-69 travel.

I still think it'll go at the Meijer in Evansville. There's nothing near that 64/69 interchange. Meijer isn't that far off the beaten path.

BTW, lots more pics on the Indiana Tesla FB group of Bloomington. It's nearly complete - already got some cabinets and wiring done. Maybe December or January due to holidays.

Reactions: MarcoRP