Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Branson, MO (speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 1710645496680.jpeg
    1710645496680.jpeg
    5.7 KB · Views: 20
Branson, MO

Host Type: Store
Host: Target
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-65
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-65

To: Springfield, MO - 44.2 miles
Diversion: 1.1 miles
To: Altoona, IA (v2) - 387.2 miles

Reactions: motoolfan
Thanks @wwarren ! Doubt it'll help me for April though ...
There is no chance that this site will be available in 3 weeks for travel to/from the total solar eclipse. With a 10-day approval window for the building permit, that’s 1 week down already just to get the plans approved.

I’m thinking more like your (late) summer travel plans can include this site.

For those who have CCS or Chademo adapters, Francis just opened a DC station nearby with (2) chargers. They are SK Signet "150kW" units and the CCS side has 300 amp cables so most Teslas can get around 115kW max but the big highlight for me compared to previous Francis chargers is these Signet units have actually been reliable for me.

No construction activity as of a couple days ago. Not sure how long Tesla takes to start once permitting is approved, but going off of the Supercharger at Buc-ee’s in Springfield, I’m guessing it might be a few months—I can’t get into Springfield/Greene County’s permit dashboard (it’s not open to the public like Branson’s is) but based on timelines reported in the thread on that charger, the permit was approved several months ago but construction didn’t start until just recently.

That means the Branson charger won’t be ready in time for summer peak tourist season, unfortunately.

Reactions: Baluchi
Not sure how long Tesla takes to start once permitting is approved,
I talked to a supercharger construction crew once. They have a schedule of where to be and when to be there. If they're really busy, they might have locations scheduled out for several months, or if things are slower, it might only be a week or two. So, they could start construction in Branson anytime. When they're done, the electrical company needs to install the meter and turn the power on (which can take a few or many days) and then Tesla's commissioning team has to certify the location is good to go. I've seen locations go in pretty fast and some much slower, so it's hard to know at this point. Hopefully, it'll be ready for the summer season.