Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brattleboro, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any public chargers closer to Mt Snow? Does anyone know where I can charge in the Mt Snow Area? I think if I had a charge there I would be good to go. If I drive from paramus new superahrger to Albany I won't have a problem. It's only 137 miles. So the only concern is getting back to Albany from Mt Snow and the roads. Any experiences handling those snowy roads with all seasons?

there's a forum member who recently celebrated his 2 year anniversary with his car who has only gone with all seasons.
he claims he's been problem-free. he live in MA and has a house in the NH mountains.

I have a friend who lives in the area (he's been feeding me the photos). He mentioned in a recent email that Green Mountain Power is still backlogged with repair work from a snow and ice storm last week.

He has been working with them on a service upgrade at his house (60A->200A). Supposedly, GMP has been very quick to respond throughout the process, but, now that he's ready for the final switchover, they have completely ignored him since the storm. He has a friend who works for Central Maine Power (in the Portland area), who mentioned that many (all?) of CMP's spare crews were working in VT.

So don't be surprised if Mother Nature delays the transformer install and final connection here (and at other NE superchargers, since crews are often sent to other areas to assist with storm cleanup).

Grand Summit Resort VT

I am staying there but don't see any info on their site. Any idea what kind of charger? If its just a 110 oulet im not sure that will help. If a nema 14-50 That would be amazing. thx!

QUOTE=Enadler;843480]The Mount Snow Grand Summit has a charger, I am not sure if it is only for guests or not. However I have a house about 2 miles from the mountain with a 14-50 that you can use. PM me and we can discuss. As far as driving with all season I can't comment, as I bought snows before last winter and have no issues.[/QUOTE]

I was told by the real estate office that they have charging. From the context of the conversation it sounded like a Nema 14-50. Did you try calling them?

I am staying there but don't see any info on their site. Any idea what kind of charger? If its just a 110 oulet im not sure that will help. If a nema 14-50 That would be amazing. thx!

QUOTE=Enadler;843480]The Mount Snow Grand Summit has a charger, I am not sure if it is only for guests or not. However I have a house about 2 miles from the mountain with a 14-50 that you can use. PM me and we can discuss. As far as driving with all season I can't comment, as I bought snows before last winter and have no issues.
[/QUOTE]

Back on topic...

A couple of pictures from tonight. My friend tells me that there was a generator on site, so I'm guessing they have, or are about to, do the final testing before the hookup (sorry, he didn't get a picture of the generator).

Photo-0009.jpg
Photo-0008.jpg

More comments from my friend who took the photos above:

Also noteworthy, the place looked like a construction zone the last time I was there, it does not now. The chain link perimeter fence is gone, most of the materials and equipment that were in the parking area are either gone or cleaned up. There is still a dumpster and some other stuff, but it's neat and clean, not like it was before.

Sorry I was not able to get better photos of the general area. It was dark and my phone is LOUSY when it is that way. To get any photos at all I had to hold my phone against a lamp post (or the dumpster) and hold my breath while taking the shot. And even that didn't work very well. That limited what I could take photos of.
Sounds like progress to me.

It does seem odd that they would put the cover on the stall before connecting the cord. Presumption being that the cords are hardwired in.
The covers were on the Hooksett southbound stations without the cords when I went through Thurs evening. My guess is installing/removing the covers isn't that hard and they do it for weather protection.

EDIT: I just saw bhuwan's post in the Hooksett thread - the cables are now there, so probably not too hard to remove the covers and reinstall.

- - - Updated - - -

Did anyone see the transformer? How long does that take for the utility to install and power up?
Talking to my friend in the area, it sounds like Green Mountain Power finished their storm cleanup - my friend got his new 200A service connected yesterday.

Last edited:
Was the generator still there?

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, if anyone happens to run into a crew here, ask them if they know when it's scheduled to go online, and if they know anything about the status/holdup at Auburn

This is the same scene I came upon at the West Hartford charger. There was one MS and 2 of the stalls were lit up. In that MS, and this may be the same with this picture, it was one of the charging team members, uploading software and testing the chargers. Later that night the chargers were live. So I would say that this site will be live later tonight or tomorrow.