Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brattleboro, VT

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just received these photos in my email, although shadowinstallz's with the car plugged in is better!

Photo-0008 (1).jpg

Photo-0007.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I asked my friend if any of the chargers were lit up, since he obviously came through after shadowinstallz:

I did look, I did not see any lit up, and it was dark out. That large generator is still there, perhaps the work folks were testing the system with that on the post photos?

(LMB spouse)

@shadowinstallz thinks Brattleboro was up as of last night! Note that in the picture, the last two stalls (including the one with the Model S charging) are lit up but the others aren't. I suppose it could have been a Tesla test car though. Here's the link:

Stratton Mountain Resort -Destination Charging
I really can't tell that those stalls are lit in his photo. Also, if you look at the ones I posted that were taken last night, none of them appear lit up (the camera angle isn't great; my friend has to brace his phone against a light pole to get night shots). My friend who took the pictures said none appeared lit up. Also, the generator is still there.

Do they power up the site with the generator, update software and test each pair of stations prior to utility connection? Maybe did the first pair yesterday afternoon, and will finish up today? Anyway, they must be close.

I really can't tell that those stalls are lit in his photo. Also, if you look at the ones I posted that were taken last night, none of them appear lit up (the camera angle isn't great; my friend has to brace his phone against a light pole to get night shots). My friend who took the pictures said none appeared lit up. Also, the generator is still there.

Do they power up the site with the generator, update software and test each pair of stations prior to utility connection? Maybe did the first pair yesterday afternoon, and will finish up today? Anyway, they must be close.

I can confirm those 2 were lit up. .....i posted both pictures in both threads, maybe it was for testing only and they turned them off when they left the site.....

Transformer still missing: Charging station photo today 12.28.2014

Whoopsie, ya we might need this little part..........:)
tesla charging stations brattleboro.jpg

An amazing sight, but dark and quiet. I did note that the transformer slab is still vacant; not a lot gets done during Christmas week. As a local, I had been wondering what was happening in the corner of the Price Chopper parking lot, very near to my house. Now I know! Good news...

As I just learned earlier today from the crew building the West Springfield site, the transformer is the responsibility of the local utility company. If they are having to deal with a local outages, related to storms, they can slow things down a bit. He further said that Tesla likes the site to be done and running in 3 weeks from when they break ground. This of course depends on when the utility company can deliver the transformer.

Ya, I really wouldn't count West Hartford as serving the RT 91 traffic. It is more for those on 84. Don't forget about West Springfield which is within eye sight of 91.

Interestingly, I was in NJ this morning and I set the car's GPS to West Hartford and it routed me on the Merritt and 91.
So, it is not too far from 91.

I took 684 and 84, then it wanted to put me on 72 and 9 which I ignored as well. Is the GPS always this funky?

The placement of the Supercharger at Corbin's Corbin serves both 84 and 91 traffic. While it would seem to be out of the way for those traveling on 91, it is all of 7 miles different from traveling straight through on 91 rather than routing 91-9-Supercharger-84-91 is heading North as an example.

EDa - I don't think the GPS was acting all the funky. 684-84 direct to Corbins Corner v 15-91-9 to Corbins Corner is the same 7 miles difference. The GPS probably was factoring in traffic at that time.

Either way - I like having more superchargers in CT.

Drove home today from Wilmington, VT to CT passing Brattleboro (not yet open), West Springfield, MA (not yet open) and West Hartford, CT. Didn't need to stop as I arrived home with 72 miles of range left traveling 75mph most of the way after range charging in VT. Good to know they will be there if I ever needed them or choose not to range charge.

My personal wish list would include Mystic, CT, Utica, NY and Allentown, PA and I would be covered for 95% of my traveling with these and the existing or under construction stations.