Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brewer, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this mean anything? Corner parking lot at RT.
View attachment 184057
BNAT Gas, Bangor Natural Gas?
BWD, Bangor Water District?
EM, Emera (local electric utility)
Others?

Definitely was Digsafe. There is a brand new utility pole in the corner of the lot adjacent to the markings, a few feet from the pile of dirt in the upper left of your picture. The dirt piled around the pole looked like it had never been rained on, so it's gone in during the past couple days.

I didn't bother to take a picture of the pole. It's brown. It blends in with the trees, and is effectively invisible.

• Informative
Reactions: Gwgan
planning a trip to NB/NS in August and trying to figure out the problem that is Maine/NB.)

It don't necessarily solve all problems, but the Portland - Yarmouth ferry is really useful if it fits your travel schedule (and travel by ferry is just fun).
If you can get to Portland for the 2:30 departure, you get to Yarmouth in the early evening. There are a couple each of Sun Country and HPWC options in town.

YAAY! I was just looking at the Seawall Motel on PlugShare earlier today. Yeah, it seams that the stations are so new as they are not yet posted on Tesla's Destination Site as of this afternoon. Thanks so much for successfully pitching them! I gave up on the Harborside Hotel & Marina last year. I had a nice meeting this Spring along with a few email exchanges with the manager at the Bar Harbor Grand Hotel - still waiting. I updated the charging outlets at the Seal Cove Auto museum (bring your Tesla UMC 6-15 or custom 6-20 adapter). So excited that Acadia is finally catching on!

I didn't know about the Seal Cove Auto Museum. But, hey, I see you're open through the end of October. That's perfect! I'll be out there Oct. 19-21 for an annual conference (about a dozen computer geeks & engineers from around the world) and a visit to the museum would be a terrific side excursion for us. And yes, I'll have my 6-15 adapter along. ;-)

For those interested, Seal Cove Auto Museum, which sounds amazing, is having an event on August 18th from 10-3pm presenting steam and electric cars from the past up to the current time. We will be up there at that time anyway, so I am excited to go to this event with our 70D. I emailed them and look forward to hearing back. Anybody up that way should surely go and visit. It isn't that far from Acadia !!

• Informative
Getting ready. Restaurant is to the right in this shot.

Attachments

• IMG_1194.JPG
    IMG_1194.JPG
    375.8 KB · Views: 168
Getting ready. Restaurant is to the right in this shot.

Thanks! I'm excited. I'm hearing to NB then NS pretty much as soon as I get my Model S, about a week into August.

The Brewer SC surely will not be operational in time to get me there, but since I'm staying a few weeks... My fingers are crossed this will be a super fast build and I'll be able to cruise Moncton to Brewer on the way back, then superchargers all the way from there.

Holy crap! That was fast: permit to construction in 7 days!

Does anyone know how long construction usually takes?

I'll be rolling through on August 7 or 8, maybe. I still assume there's no hope for it to be open THAT fast but...

At least maybe it will be open for my return trip on August 20.

The guys building the SC here in the Twin Cities said it takes them about three weeks to build the SC. So, I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that the Brewer SC will be operational by Aug. 7. OTOH, the real delay tends to be getting the transformer installed and the electric utility folks to do their part lighting it up. So, while I said it's possible, I think it's unlikely to be ready by Aug. 7.

• Informative
Reactions: 5YJSA
The guys building the SC here in the Twin Cities said it takes them about three weeks to build the SC. So, I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that the Brewer SC will be operational by Aug. 7. OTOH, the real delay tends to be getting the transformer installed and the electric utility folks to do their part lighting it up. So, while I said it's possible, I think it's unlikely to be ready by Aug. 7.

Agreed. I'll be pessimistically hopeful though. My route through there will be 4 weeks after construction started so who knows?

Thanks Tesla, for getting another Maine station that helps open up the Down East coastal areas! I'm a Maine owner expecting my Model S in a week, so you can imagine how excited I am. Now get that Portland station underway!

I'm a Maritimer, living in Ontario, desperately hoping to see Superchargers in Woodstock, NB (which is planned, I think), and Moncton, NB (no plans at all right now, I think).

Those two stations would get me from Brewer, ME, all the way to Halifax, NS on Superchargers only, finally creating a true coast-to-coast route from Halifax, NS to Victoria, BC--even if it is mostly through the USA. But that's fine, because I've driven coast-to-coast in both the US and Canada, and it's a MUCH more interesting drive in the US.

Thanks Tesla, for getting another Maine station that helps open up the Down East coastal areas! I'm a Maine owner expecting my Model S in a week, so you can imagine how excited I am. Now get that Portland station underway!

Superchargers are for traveling. I'm trying to come up with a situation where a Portland Supercharger would be important, and not really coming up with a scenario considering how close Portland is to Augusta and Seacoast NH. Maybe when sticking to the coast coming back from Acadia? (That's a horrible drive) Or maybe Portsmouth to Sunday River (and back) skipping their destination chargers (why?).

I think once we get Woodstock NB to open up "the county" then northern New England should be pretty well covered aside from getting something around St. Johnsbury VT, somewhere in there where US2, I91 and I93 are all near each other.

Oh, and St. Georges, Quebec. Quebec City could be a stretch from Augusta in winter. Granted, there is a Chademo there already, and possibly more coming on that route via that partnership between Maine and Quebec that's been completely silent since the initial announcement....

Last edited:
Oh, and St. Georges, Quebec. Quebec City could be a stretch from Augusta in winter. Granted, there is a Chademo there already, and possibly more coming on that route via that partnership between Maine and Quebec that's been completely silent since the initial announcement....

I'm glad you reminded me, because that Quebec-Maine electric highway has been so silent that I had forgotten about it. I'll try to see if there has been any noise here.

For now, if there is any question about range between Augusta and Quebec City, you can stop at the brand new CHAdeMO in Lac-Megantic. There's also an 80A HPWC and 70A J1772 there. The HPWC is at the new Musi-Cafe. Unfortunately, the original cafe was at the epicenter of the horrific oil-train wreck three years ago. The Tesla GPS still attempts to route you through some streets which afe still closed for decontamination and reconstruction.

• Informative