Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY - N. 12th Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What I don't understand is why its really there. It doesn't sound like its meant to be one of the new urban superchargers. No-one in their right mind would stop here if they were just traveling by.

The only thing I could think of is that the William Vale wanted it there for some prestige reason. Or it could be that a Tesla VIP stays there a lot or something.
I generally agree. Is it possible that they valet so many Teslas that they would rather move them in and out of the supercharger than get set up with 30 or more HPWCs?

The Tesla supercharger in Brooklyn, NY • r/teslamotors

cYNb4rh.jpg

Reactions: Snow Drift
there are parking garages all over town, albeit very expensive ones, I believe the current rates run close to $600+ per month.
Nah - there are plenty of ones in the $400 range - depends on the area. There are also a LOT of them with HPWCs... just search for destination chargers in Manhattan - and some with J1772. Hence my question. Why drive all the way to Brooklyn if you can find a garage with a charger?

Nah - there are plenty of ones in the $400 range - depends on the area. There are also a LOT of them with HPWCs... just search for destination chargers in Manhattan - and some with J1772. Hence my question. Why drive all the way to Brooklyn if you can find a garage with a charger?

I haven't found a reliable garage in Manhattan so far - most experiences have been bad with charging (i am in downtown) - the Brooklyn Supercharges is only 5 miles away and is a nice area so it works well to go there after dinner and have a full charge in an hour for $5

Reactions: Galve2000
So I ended up going yesterday as it is 20 minutes closer than JFK. It is valet parking. You drive up to the front, someone comes out to greet you, hands you a ticket, drives your car up and into the garage, parks it, plugs it in and you text when you want it back (Give them about 5-10 minutes). They charged me $10 for under an hour (I had places to go) and it charged at 74kwh pretty much the whole time I was watching through the App. So for me, while it is closer, it is pretty dependant on someone else (person). Plenty of good places to go around there though.

Hope this helps.

• Informative
Reactions: wesley888
So I ended up going yesterday as it is 20 minutes closer than JFK. It is valet parking. You drive up to the front, someone comes out to greet you, hands you a ticket, drives your car up and into the garage, parks it, plugs it in and you text when you want it back (Give them about 5-10 minutes). They charged me $10 for under an hour (I had places to go) and it charged at 74kwh pretty much the whole time I was watching through the App. So for me, while it is closer, it is pretty dependant on someone else (person). Plenty of good places to go around there though.

Hope this helps.
Surprised they charged you $10 - I have used them 4-5 times so far and they always charged me $5