Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Brooklyn, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VERY exciting news. Brooklyn is already painful to visit but lacking superchargers made it more painful. Hopefully this will ease it.

BTW, I LOVE all the virtue signaling how nys is sooooo green and shutting coal and all, but they can't get the basic infrastructure for evs going. Pathetic. Don't love jersey but at least they have had superchargers in rest stops for years!

Reactions: qman66 and 101dals
VERY exciting news. Brooklyn is already painful to visit but lacking superchargers made it more painful. Hopefully this will ease it.

BTW, I LOVE all the virtue signaling how nys is sooooo green and shutting coal and all, but they can't get the basic infrastructure for evs going. Pathetic. Don't love jersey but at least they have had superchargers in rest stops for years!
NY State has charging in rest stops too
Honesty OUTSIDE of NYC it’s pretty ok

It’s really NYC that’s been somewhat lacking for Fast Charging and that’s because parking is at such a premium in the city especially Manhattan

There aren’t a lot of places to put Superchargers that offer free parking
This will be the first one in Brooklyn
before this you had to go to JFK to avoid paying expensive parking fees

All the rest of the NYC Tesla chargers except for Staten Island (I believe) are behind paid gates and the operators are getting VERY greedy

Like for example Brooklyn museum just raised their rates once they realized a lot of folks where coming there to charge😩

The only real place that I know that’s reasonable with 72kw or faster charging is The Shops at Atlas Park
they were $1 for the first hour, that’s enough to get a decent charge

The point is it’s not virtue signaling it’s just that the logistics of NYC are just some what different and more difficult than that of NJ

Queens MAY be getting free parking Supercharging this year too 🤞

They don't have magic docks. Tesla has been making the stations that are open to non Teslas have every stall have a magic dock not just some of them. So maybe there are 4 EVgo stations? The new supercharger off the 278 in SI has a few EVgo stations too
I wasn't saying they had magic docks. I was clarifying to the prior person that a magic dock is still a supercharger. They already installed 12 "Tesla" superchargers and 4 "Universal" chargers (I have no idea what they call the standard charging port for non-tesla hence universal).

Reactions: qman66
I wonder

It’s really NYC that’s been somewhat lacking for Fast Charging and that’s because parking is at such a premium in the city especially Manhattan

All the rest of the NYC Tesla chargers except for Staten Island (I believe) are behind paid gates and the operators are getting VERY greedy

Like for example Brooklyn museum just raised their rates once they realized a lot of folks where coming there to charge😩

The only real place that I know that’s reasonable with 72kw or faster charging is The Shops at Atlas Park

The point is it’s not virtue signaling it’s just that the logistics of NYC are just some what different and more difficult than that of NJ

JFK Supercharger is in Queens for reference, lol

Reactions: mr24hrman

Totally disagree. I grew up in nyc. There are MANY options if the city or the state REALLY cared.

NYS thruway all the way upto Canada and all the way west from Albany to Buffalo has many rest stops. ZERO chargers, except some very limited slow chargers. Contrast that to nj, with MANY rest stops with superchargers. Hey I'm NOT a nj fan but in this respect kudos.

NYC has LOTS of underused city land and Lots of parks they can put some chargers on small areas. Even Manhattan has Central Park for heavens sake which could sacrifice a 50ft by 50ft spot lol. That dump under the gowanus and bqe is another huge example. Just off top of my head.

But nope. It's the absolutely typical virtue signaling.

Don't get me wrong nj ain't great. Tesla plain and old bribed nj. They pulled some crazy extortion of tesla by forcing them to pay for other charger wiring in order to allow tesla to build their own chargers. But at least they did.

What do you mean by Universal Chargers? Magic Dock? 😮
ADCFE3BA-7A74-42D4-9F29-931A6581A008.jpeg
581F05FC-B175-4A5E-B8D0-FEA734DD28C6.jpeg
F5532436-E76E-4D59-9BB6-40542B6A3193.jpeg
0FB4EBA3-FBDE-4870-A365-4917D9D18B70.jpeg

This is what I saw last night
I am not familiar with what kind of chargers those 4 white ones near Starbucks are
Any one know?

• Love
Reactions: qman66 and chymerix
This is what I saw last night
I am not familiar with what kind of chargers those 4 white ones near Starbucks are
Any one know?

Those look similar to one of my local EVGo chargers. The shorter ones are called City Chargers, and can be 100 or 200 kW, but for some reason EVGo has been setting them up for 100 kW only. The taller ones are 350 kW.

1088889.jpg

Drove by today. Looks like construction is done except for a couple of transformers. And confirmed that the other chargers are EVgo.

Attachments

• AA136BBD-95E2-4DDC-8FF7-62A7D74CF5B4.jpeg
    AA136BBD-95E2-4DDC-8FF7-62A7D74CF5B4.jpeg
    644.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 38A8A998-93A2-4C4D-BF6E-EE0AF6EB1A10.jpeg
    38A8A998-93A2-4C4D-BF6E-EE0AF6EB1A10.jpeg
    780.4 KB · Views: 94
  • DC774427-F583-4808-ABF0-92F91AF90F86.jpeg
    DC774427-F583-4808-ABF0-92F91AF90F86.jpeg
    695.8 KB · Views: 99
  • 18159812-0A34-4729-9C61-463443978BF4.jpeg
    18159812-0A34-4729-9C61-463443978BF4.jpeg