Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buellton, CA - McMurray Road (LIVE 6 Jun 2024, 20 V4 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's live on the nav and I am seeing two pins. The old closure pin is still on the map.

20240607_184328.jpg

It's live on the nav and I am seeing two pins. The old closure pin is still on the map.

View attachment 1054568

@corywright @Guacahummus @Big Earl ^^^

Given the above, does supercharge.info want to treat “Buellton, CA - McMurray Road” as really the same site as the original “Buellton, CA” or as a separate site? To me it seems like the same site (and I’ve updated the thread title accordingly), but there are two pins above, even though there was never any active overlap between them. Wondering if there’s some weird subtlety I’m unaware of.

Thanks,

Bruce.

Ok, it's up. There are twenty V4 chargers. I topped up last night and just awhile ago topped my friend's model 3 (with FREE supercharging!!). MrBrock is probably right: i looked all over the ABB transformer which looks absolutely new, but has no rating information on it. Buellton is a GO, regardless of what the Tesla app says.
Probably has 2000 somewhere on it but nothing else other than an identifying number. I am guess this is 2000kva for 20 stalls? @1100MCM ?

Probably has 2000 somewhere on it but nothing else other than an identifying number. I am guess this is 2000kva for 20 stalls? @1100MCM ?
It’s 1500 kVA there now. It was probably sized to whatever size switchgear Tesla installed there. If the site is full, the 20 stalls will exceed the transformer nameplate rating but it’s fine since the transformers are designed to run at more than 100% nameplate if needed.

1100MCM; i'm interested to learn how you determined the 1500kVA. Do you base this on what the 20 units will pull or do you have some information that says this? Thanks for your help.
I believe he has some type of basic access to what power is supplied where and who has ordered it. In this case, Tesla and what size transformer and where it will be placed. It’s not searchable from my conversations with him so you have to have specific information as to where to look to find what you are looking for. Helpful in determining who is building a charging site and how many chargers it will have.

I stopped by here today with the (non-cyber) truck to see if it would work. With the explanation from @israndy on how to release the Magic Dock, I plugged in the Rivian and the electrons flowed.

The bad news for the non-Tesla drivers is that most of the charging dispensers are still oriented to work best with Teslas. There are only 2 that are placed in the center of the parking spot that will function well with a lot of different vehicles. Also, without paying for a Tesla membership, it’s not cheap ($0.57/kWh). But it’s nice to have another CCS option in the Valley.

IMG_0889.jpeg
IMG_0888.jpeg