Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• tsla bufford.PNG
    tsla bufford.PNG
    61.2 KB · Views: 100
I checked last night, 10/30, and I saw some red painting on parking lot side closest to GA-20 and La Madeleine. However, I also noticed lots of the little red utility marking flags on the opposite side of the parking lot, closest to the Costco. Light was fading, and I did not get out of the car to inspect more carefully, but either way, I can see the benefits. If closest to GA-20, then good visibility from that major road, and for travelers passing through would be reassuring to get off of I-85 and within a hundred yards or so, see Superchargers lined up. On the other hand, if closer to Costco - sure makes for easy shopping to kill 30-45 minutes, and share that $1.50 Dog with HG Wells!

This will be a great location for those on I-85, other than during holiday periods when traffic around the mall is gridlocked for miles. It is not a great solution for those on I-985, since traversing from 985 to the new SC will involve several miles of GA20, which typically crawls between 985 & 85 due to it being a congested shopping area (Mall of GA/etc). Regardless, big improvement over the existing SC availability in ATL proper.

This will be a great location for those on I-85, other than during holiday periods when traffic around the mall is gridlocked for miles. It is not a great solution for those on I-985, since traversing from 985 to the new SC will involve several miles of GA20, which typically crawls between 985 & 85 due to it being a congested shopping area (Mall of GA/etc). Regardless, big improvement over the existing SC availability in ATL proper.
Can't agree more - this is nowhere to be on a weekend, and certainly not the Holidays. I am on I-985 side too, so if I ever needed it, I would hit it early or late to avoid the otherwise miserable congestion during peak shopping hours.

The link posted above is to the development application. As of now, there is no development application approval (permit issued) shown on the county website. Application was listed as having a 10day review, so not sure what is causing the lag.

My wife and I frequent this area, as we work in Suwanee and live in the Winder area. For those exiting from 985 my recommendation would be to take a right at Gravel Springs Rd. and then an immediate left onto Financial Center Way. This road runs parallel with Buford Drive NE. (GA-20). This road is less trafficked and ends right into a stoplight that will gain you access directly to the parking lot that will have the SuC's. You can also traverse this back to get back to 985 which at most times will probably be easier and quicker then attempting to exit and get onto I85 S even with it being only 500ft or so away. This could all change when construction is complete on I85 south but... for now I figured I would share my weekends/holidays navigation tricks of the Mall of Ga area.

• Informative
Reactions: Jeff Hudson
11/4 Saturday NO CHANGES AT SITE.
Back home after teaching a five day class on CIMPLICITY ( HMI software ) in Columbus GA..
Will check again mid week.

Model 3 ordered 3/31. Was number 6 in line at Marietta store.

I didn't know this until a week or so ago when I went in for service, but there is no Marietta store any longer. It is just a service center now. They opened up a sales location at Avalon in Alpharetta.

I didn't know this until a week or so ago when I went in for service, but there is no Marietta store any longer. It is just a service center now. They opened up a sales location at Avalon in Alpharetta.

This was changed about 6 Months or so ago, Decatur is also the same way. They are considered just SC's now. Their "sales" staff was either let go or moved to the "Gallery" locations for sales. I think there is also now a Lenox location. (I could be incorrect about that.) This does not mean that you cant not view the SC's as Galleries but there are technically no sales employees at these locations any longer.

In the same way you have to receive you vehicle from either Marietta or Decatur (SCs) and they limit the other locations to sales only.