Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
YESSIR, that is it! This is totally the spot that we have been stalking, across the street from the Costco. A fellow EV owning friend of mine sent me these photos, and sketch of the location, a few hours ago. Asphalt cutting is done, and this is clearly a supercharging site. Woohoo!

Attachments

• IMG_0357.jpg
    IMG_0357.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 171
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    135.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    161.6 KB · Views: 161
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 164
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    130.8 KB · Views: 161
Wow.. I swung by this site on 9/9/2018 and the work is progressing very fast. Looks like this will be ready way before Thanksgiving :). This is located right across from Costco - makes it easy to set it to charge and go shopping at Costco. Most convenient for me to charge my Model X.

So you don't have a garage at home?

It's odd to me, from a damage potential perspective, that Tesla designs SC locations to have the cabinets in the midst of the parking area rather than on the safe side of the F curb. Anyone know the reasoning?

Not sure I know exactly what you mean by "F Curb" but there are several different configurations that Tesla uses for Supercharger deployment so you can't really blanket a response like that. They have a config where they are in diamond shape in the middle of the parking with both single vehicle and vehicle/trailer spots. They also have this configuration where you pull into the spot, and then they have the configuration where you back in so the cabinets are on the curb/grassy area. (Not sure if that last configuration is what you referring to but they do have that one. OH and they also have a mixture of pull in and back in at the same location. It's all over the place haha and normally it appears they attempt to use the configuration that works best for the site.

My personal concern for this location will be Model-X's that are pulling a trailer... because if they pull straight in and let the trailer stick out the back they are blocking a "Traffic" lane in the parking lot.. so they will have to un-hitch to charge which will be rather.. annoying for them.

Reactions: DaddyP713
Not sure I know exactly what you mean by "F Curb"

I think he means the big power cabinet, not the supercharger stalls. I've seen them installed in the grass nearby, but in this case there's just no room. It's the parking lot, then 10 feet of grass, then 5 feet of sidewalk, then like, 5 lanes of road depending on where you are in relation to the turn lane. I'm having to stand in the street to take some of these shots. It's either install it on the pavement, or demolish the sidewalk.

Actually, they'll probably build the curb around the power cabinet too. It's just pipes and dirt now, so they'll probably build up a concrete slab, surround it with dirt, then a curb.

Reactions: Nate2287
Ah, well I learned something today if that is the case. But yes most likely they will build up a better foundation and put a curb in around the cabinet. They normally also encase or surround that structure with privacy fencing etc. so if you or someone hits that they will probably be saying more then "F" haha.