Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Buford, GA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah, well I learned something today if that is the case. But yes most likely they will build up a better foundation and put a curb in around the cabinet. They normally also encase or surround that structure with privacy fencing etc. so if you or someone hits that they will probably be saying more then "F" haha.

After hiting it ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZst

Drove by today while at mall, took creeper pics.. so they are not the best. Juice boxes have been installed... and foundations poured for both the stalls and the main power cabinet.. I guess we will call it that for lack of a better name. Progress appears to be moving along quickly.. hopefully once completed it doesn’t take 2 months for the power supplier to actually flip switch like in Austin TX lol..
See attached.

Attachments

• 00209430-39B8-4E33-99EB-5C4D08CCAE5B.jpeg
    00209430-39B8-4E33-99EB-5C4D08CCAE5B.jpeg
    551.9 KB · Views: 116
  • E4501E53-D1CB-46CE-83F0-4E5EDC5A5A53.jpeg
    E4501E53-D1CB-46CE-83F0-4E5EDC5A5A53.jpeg
    789.5 KB · Views: 108
That's fantastic! Did they have any info on when it would be in service?

I count 9 chargers, but I assume that there are 10?

In the picture there is only 9 stalls but there are 10 you are correct. The very very last one is not in the image but its down there lol.

The install guys are sub-contractors and never know when the juice will actually get turned on. From the progress though i would look at the end of the month for these being live. However if they are quick as Athens was they could be online by the middle of next week possibly.

Thanks for the pictures and update!

Has the utility transformer been placed? It'll be a big green thing, probably near the white cabinets, but possibly a fair distance away. I hadn't heard that it had been placed, although I believe it is scheduled to be done soon, if not already.

Reactions: DaddyP713
Thanks for the pictures and update!

Has the utility transformer been placed? It'll be a big green thing, probably near the white cabinets, but possibly a fair distance away. I hadn't heard that it had been placed, although I believe it is scheduled to be done soon, if not already.

Did not look on other side. Don't think it was placed yet.

What do you do at Tesla ?

I still haven't seen any evidence here of the utility transformer being installed, and wouldn't expect anything until well after that arrives. It'll be a big green thing, but it's NOT the big dark cabinets behind the white Tesla cabinets. Is there an empty square concrete pad nearby, with unused conduit poking up out of it?

• Informative
Reactions: Raincloud
Not to hijack the forum with a off topic question.. but finding a local shop has proven to be difficult and since everyone here is mostly local, does anyone have a good recommendation for installer in the area for aftermarket rims? Google has proven somewhat un-helpful on the topic. Feel free to direct PM if you hav one so it doesn't de-rail this thread and pre-thanks for any info! :D

Not to hijack the forum with a off topic question.. but finding a local shop has proven to be difficult and since everyone here is mostly local, does anyone have a good recommendation for installer in the area for aftermarket rims? Google has proven somewhat un-helpful on the topic. Feel free to direct PM if you hav one so it doesn't de-rail this thread and pre-thanks for any info! :D

These guys are one of the best around town: Butler Tires and Wheels in Atlanta GA - Tires and Wheels for all Cars Trucks and SUV's